Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monroe Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monroe Lake

Went to Monroe Saturday and slayed the crappies in 4 to 6 fow with tube jigs under a slip bobber. 13 of them was a 1 lb to 2 lbs
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report wannabe.... I have been waiting on calmer winds to check Monroe out. I am planning to hit it this week and see what I can come up with. Were they mostly white crappie?
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

the only black crappie i caught was 4 to 6 inchs and they was around the docks, all the big whites i caught were at the deeper sections of lay downs
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey wannabe

Which part of the lake were you fishing? Above the causeway or below?

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great day wannabe Which side of the causeway were u fishing?

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you casting or trolling with bobber? Great catch. Any pictures coming?

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

i was on the lower end of causeway, still fishing with my trusty slip bobber around the laydowns i have some pictures but it says my file is to big?
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Monroe today to check it out. Haven't been down there fishing for several years. Only 10,000 + acres to look at...so how much can you cover in a day? I put in at Cutright, and worked blow downs and stumps thruout the saddle creek area and some toward pine grove. I also spent a little time in Moores creek...hitting blow downs. I caught a gazillion crappie...but none were over 6-7 inches. Found them just about everywhere...just no size to them. Even went out in middle where north fork saltcreek meets middle fork and caught crappie there...but no size to them either. When I started this morning it was 49.5 deg water temps...and got up to 55 by the time I left. I saw a couple guys catching them right by cutright boat ramp.... they were similar to what I was catching.

I also got a fishing report from J & R Guide service....here's what he had to say:

"Monroe water temp. is 49 degrees to 53 degrees . We tried a little crappie fishing today and caught 20 crappie none over 6 inches , in the Pine Grove area on jigs and minnows in 7 feet of water on the channel edge . Water is muddy from middle fork up. Clear down around the Dam . We also tried trolling with no luck . It will change within the next two weeks or sooner for the better "

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default monroe

The north side of the lake worked best for me, i guess cause the north side gets the most sun on it it makes the fish wander a little more for bait, but it was also cloudy which i think helps alot. Also found that 2 inch black and white tubes worked best, i like matching my tube with a minnow color especially when the crappie are getting ready to start looking to spawn. The crappie i caught even though big the stomachs where skinny so i would say they are getting ready for a feast. Id say within 2 to 3 weeks they will all be up shallow
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

HHD:

I was at Monroe yesterday too trying to get my new electronics dialed in. I stayed mainly in Saddle Creek. I was in a platinum colored Lowe with a Merc on the back. Maybe we could team up on them sime time if you like. What kind of boat are you in? If I see you, I can stop by and we can compare lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast