Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spider riggin

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider riggin

How many of you spider rig? What is your favorite rod holders and how many rods do you use? Do you just troll open water or do you try to follow contours? Which way do you catch the most and best fish, long line trolling or spider rigging? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I use perrotti built rod holders and use 4 rods if i'm alone or usually 3 per side if trolling with someone,i usually try to fish some type of breakline preferably with some type of structure but have had some success trolling flats when the shad are up the fish seem to spread out and chase,i mostly spider rig but have dabbled in longlining and it can be just as productive when the fish are super active like they are in the pre spawn.......give it a shot it can be alot of fun.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I built may own spider rig racks. I don't like to keep up with more than 4 poles at a time myself. A d%*m catfish or striper will make a chinese torture puzzle out of your lines. I like for follow channels or secondary channels with flats next to them. Scout with your fish locator first and when you are marking bait fish and bigger fish near by, thats your target.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Great question, Lonkin I hope more people post pictures. I want to set my boat up but do not want to spend all that money.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about spider rigging this year. The only think holding me back is the cost. The first thing I looked at was rods. There is a ton of trolling rods to choose from. The B 'n M rods are about $50 - 60 at the big retail stores. I found some Zebco Slab Sears from a wholesaler at the LOZ ( Discount fishing tackle, fishing lures and supplies at wholesale prices. : Zebco Slab Seeker 10' Telescopic Light Rod ) which have reel seats but no rings for $10 - $12 plus shipping. I did some more searching and found some telescoping rods with reel seats and rings ( HT ) from a local sporting goods store in the Missouri Boot hill for $12-$14 plus shipping. Then there are reels and rod holders. It looks like this new fishing tactic was going to run $200 - $300 depending on what I was going to buy.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

You can get into rigging cheaper than that. I'm figuring for a four rod rig about a 100 bucks. That's total cost. Four rods, reels, holders. I can weld and have access to some scrap steel. It may not be real pretty, but I think I can do it. A guy on a true budget has got to have some good resources. That, and I'm wanting a 787 LOL
    Last edited by talltimber; 03-15-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: .

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Check our rod holder prices

Check us out for rod holders and trolling bars from Driftmaster. We also carry the new Add-A-Seat at a low price.

Extreme Fishing Concepts