Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Henshaw tommorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Henshaw tommorrow

Gonna go up to Henshaw tommorrow looks like decent weather and low winds. Hoping to get some big slabs. gona be cold though.

lovecrappieSD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Gonna go up to Henshaw tommorrow looks like decent weather and low winds. Hoping to get some big slabs. gona be cold though.
    Wish you had a good time there. How was the biting? I am planning on going there next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovecrappieSD View Post
    Wish you had a good time there. How was the biting? I am planning on going there next weekend.
    Got up Sunday morning and the wind was blowing down here so I didn't want to chance it. Ended up at El Cap for 12 pretty nice slabs.

lovecrappieSD Guest

Got up Sunday morning and the wind was blowing down here so I didn't want to chance it. Ended up at El Cap for 12 pretty nice slabs.
    Not too bad !!!

If you don't mind me asking, did you use lure or live minnow? I've heard live minnow works very well right now at Henshaw. But could not find a tackle store that sells them.

Post Thanks / Like

We used both pretty good jig bite in the early am tipped the jigs with mealworms late morning they stopped hitting the jigs and switched to Minnows and picked up some more. Try Anglers Edge in lakeside for minnows it is at the intersection of highway 67 and mapleview then you can just shoot up 67 through ramona to the lake. minnows are definately the way to go at henshaw.

Milo

lovecrappieSD Guest

We used both pretty good jig bite in the early am tipped the jigs with mealworms late morning they stopped hitting the jigs and switched to Minnows and picked up some more. Try Anglers Edge in lakeside for minnows it is at the intersection of highway 67 and mapleview then you can just shoot up 67 through ramona to the lake. minnows are definately the way to go at henshaw.

Milo
    Thanks a lot, Milo!

Tight line!