Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a good morining!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a good morining!

I was on the lake at 5:15am this morning and slow trolling by 5:30. Saw many fish suspended at 8-10ft over 20 ft of water. In four hours of fishing only caught 6, all very good fish of 1lb.-13/4lb. Also caught 8 white bass of 1lb. class, and one big,bull bream of close to a pound. CRappie all over brush in deep water at about 10ft., but very,very close mouthed. Tried slow trolling them, dropping right in front of them, minnows and jigs of all colors. My conclustion; I was not holding my mouth right, or the East wind shut them down, or I really don't have a clue. Could be all of the above, and mostly the last mentioned. But I had fun none the less and came home with a small mess of filets.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad Meat On The Table. i haven't caught any crappie in a long time either. I'm almost ready to find another computer and re register under a new user name and then pretend I'm new to the forum. Sneaky huh!
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

good news to me here on the northern end of ky.lake i have been several times and havent done that good! i have been trollin jigs and minnows in ten to twenty feet . maybe i been fishin to deep huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Default very good idea....

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Don't feel bad Meat On The Table. i haven't caught any crappie in a long time either. I'm almost ready to find another computer and re register under a new user name and then pretend I'm new to the forum. Sneaky huh!
    sounds like a great idea to me. might make more friends and learn new tactics of fishing that way. familiarity breeds contempt. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Ted, I have been catching more than this, not enough to beat my chest and scream like Tarzan, but more than this. Each and every time this summer they have been at 8-10ft. maybe over 25ft. of water, but always at 8-10ft. I don't know where in relation to the main lake channel you have been fishing, but early in the morning like this, I have been doing pretty good at the mouths of bays. Where th secondary creek channel is dumping into the main lake channel. Hope this helps. Ted, where are you fishing out of and do you live close by.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panfishfan
    sounds like a great idea to me. might make more friends and learn new tactics of fishing that way. familiarity breeds contempt. :D
    Yeah, it does sound appealing. I just hate to start out my new persona on a lie.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default truth, lies, and inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Yeah, it does sound appealing. I just hate to start out my new persona on a lie.
    who lied?

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie what's a crappie or a fish look like period.. DOes a crappie have smoth skin and whisker's.

It's been that long since I've caught anything. I imagine now there poached coming out of these southern lakes. Ready to eat. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Meat i usually launch at little bear ramp and go from it out to the mouth and out in the main lake area there is good stucutre and open water as well and i believe crappie too but i just cant find um.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagler
    Crappie what's a crappie or a fish look like period.. DOes a crappie have smoth skin and whisker's.

It's been that long since I've caught anything. I imagine now there poached coming out of these southern lakes. Ready to eat. LOL
    i have'nt been since May 14th for crappie but by now over here in Al their not poached but " Steamed Crappie" i used to like summer when i was younger but now days it kills me Can't wait til Autumn ( say about the end of september)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast