Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockton 3-14-09

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Stockton 3-14-09

Well just got back from Stockton a little while ago.

Not a good day for us but was still nice to be out on the water.

Tried out the place Beagle suggested and caught a nice Largemouth on the power line brush piles he mentioned right off on 1.8 ounce jig. Fished Son's Creek and Greaser during the morning with no success. Funny thing was we tried many different combinations and colors but to tell you the truth we just didn't graph many fish holding on brush piles or tree's. For the most part we just didn't graph many fish all day long.

We ran all the way up to Crabtree and tried some places we have had success before with no luck there either. Then we ran down to Price Branch, still nothing. Left Price and went did a little jigging over by Old State Park, well you guessed it, nothing there either. Went to Edge Island and finished up in Mutton Creek.

Water temp ranged from 43 to 49 degrees. Water was as clear as I have seen it in a long time. Not a problem at all to see a 1/8 ounce jig down 10 feet at all.

I appreciate your guys input last night. Even though we didn't catch any fish today, we had a great time being out on the water. Did manage to run though almost a full tank of gas though. Wind was really calm on the water today so made it easy to do so running around.

Hopefully we will do better next time.

Wish I had something better to report guys.

P.S. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate you input.
    Last edited by WantinCrappie; 03-14-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Stockton

were headin down in the morning for some crappie and wallies :D
    enjoy life while you can FISH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oss Says Sit Back Now And Watch Mu

Sorry To Hear You Didn't Do So Well, Just Makes The Good Days Gooder.... I Did All My Leave Raking And Burning And Stick Pick'em Ups Today, Clean Gutters Tomorrow The Look Out Next Week....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O PAPPY View Post
    were headin down in the morning for some crappie and wallies :D
    OPAPPY, good luck to you. Let us know how you do.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rubbing it in

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Sorry To Hear You Didn't Do So Well, Just Makes The Good Days Gooder.... I Did All My Leave Raking And Burning And Stick Pick'em Ups Today, Clean Gutters Tomorrow The Look Out Next Week....

Monty, you rubbing it in with that picture of that big ole slab? Bet the wife is happy that you got out and did something today. I figured you might be fishing tomorrow, you waiting on the temps to get a little better beginning of the week. Or waiting on all the novices to get off the water after the weekend? Guess I'm going to have to go with you sometime so you can show me how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris.....Guess thats why they call it fishing. Sounds like you put in a good day. Don't think I would have been so patient. Was hoping for a great report. You'll get-em next time.
    (gotta go....B-Ball startin)
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Honey Holes

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Chris.....Guess thats why they call it fishing. Sounds like you put in a good day. Don't think I would have been so patient. Was hoping for a great report. You'll get-em next time.
    (gotta go....B-Ball startin)
    Thanks Mike. The good news for you is that your Honey Holes are still safe. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life Is Good

Rake Leaves On Saturday, Clean Gutters On Sunday, Fish Monday, Maybe Tuesday, For Sure On Wensday, Just Gotta Go Again On Thursday, Then Friday Try To Catch All We Can Before Working Guys Hit It On The Week-end....... Yep It Is Rough...

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Import Boat Puller

Monty will like this one since I know he loves my little Import pickup.

Last night I go out to finish getting a couple of things done with the boat to go today. So I start messing around with the GPS unit on it and working on some of the lights and so forth.

Well prior to going out to work on it I had taken an Ambien (sleeping pill). Sometimes I take these to get a goods night rest because I am a horrible sleeper. Well these can make me a little goofyer that normal. They can also cause you to not remember what you had done the prior evening.

Now we come to about 5:15 this morning. I go out, pull the truck out of the garage, pull over to the other garage and hook up the boat. Pull out and go back to the motor. I proceed to attempt to trim the motor up after pulling it away from the garage wall. Well it barely moves. I glance up and the power light is lite up, but just barely. Well I had come in the house last night and left just about everything I could leave on, on the boat. Yep battery / batteries are dead. So here it 5:20 a.m. and supposed to be at my buddies about 5:45 to 6: a.m.

Here's where the Import truck comes in. Toyota puts an inverter in there TRD Sport Package trucks. It's got a 110 v plug in, in the bed. So here I go to grabbing and extension cord and proceed to run it out the bed of the truck, zip tie it to the back of the boat and hook the battery charger to it and down the road I go. Get to Sam's house and he's like what the Hell is that hanging out the back of your truck.

Got to Roark this morning and the battery was charged. Guess I was lucky this time, expect after all that didn't catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its Called A Switch

Old As I Am, Forgetful As I Am, I Ain't Never Done Something Like That, But When You Dream Of Rice Patties That's What Happens, I Have A Off/on Power Switch To Control Batteries, Leave It Off Until At The Ramp Everything Stays Charged And Ready, Guess I Could Call You Just Before Bed Time And Remind You......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast