Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Cranks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Cranks

Do any of you good folks troll crank baits for crappie? If so what are some of your favorites? I am thinking about tryin this approach because of the lack of wood in this lake. I find very large schools of shad but they are usually out over deep water. Thanks all help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will find a lot of opinions of that but the most used is 200 and 300 series Bandits.
    Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and Adventure - Crankbaits for Crappie
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I troll shad raps dd10,to dd15 dd deep diving I also troll wally marshall crappie cranks,and wiggle warts, sometimes have to use 2to 4 oz. of extra weight to get the small cranks deep enough good luck,

Post Thanks / Like

Bandit 200&300 when i do it which is very little.........speckhunter is our pro at that i'm sure he'll help you out.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I troll Stockton and Table Rock with #4 and 5 shad raps. My best one is a #4 purple glass shad rap but there hard to find. Then the old stand by colors Blue/silver Black/silver in Rattling suppending and black/silver in standard shad rap. I also use 200 and 300 Bandits. I use a snap weight system to get the shad raps down and planer boards to get them a way from the boat.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

200 and 300 Bandits almost exclusively. Where I fish, the best colors are Fire Tiger, Taco Salad, Awesome Pink, Bubble Gum, and Tennessee Shad. Some days color doesn't matter and some it does.1.6-2mph. I'll run a down rigger off the front of each side with 3 or 4 oz weights and a 3 foot leader under the weight. Then a 12 foot, next a 10 foot then an 8 foot rod each side straight out the back. 60 feet then 90 feet then 120 feet back respectivly until I see whch starts catching the most fish. It's a blast. If you need anything else, P.M. me.
    Last edited by Speck; 03-15-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the 70's my wife use to love to troll for bass, so I stopped Crappie fishing and took her. We used Hell benders and we caught more Crappie then we did bass. The hell benders worked better on the Crappie because they ran deeper then the orther baits we trolled with.
    1967/68