Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's your Summer Secret to Finding Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your Summer Secret to Finding Crappie?

Heh, maybe this will help me locate a few. Am starting to get worried because I am down to one ziplock stuffed full of thick filets.
    I see that many people read this board, but few take the time to write.
    I am going to try an overnight trip someplace, somewhere tonight. I have heard that the city lake of Barnsdall is a good Crappie Spot. Anyone familliar with it???
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

After living around Lake Eufaula for about 5 yrs and learning alot of the north end, I have moved back to OKC. I have fished Thunderbird alot this summer and have caught alot more keepers than I caught at Eufaula. I'm still learning the lake,(luckily its small!), but I try to talk to other fishermen each time I'm out to find other areas of the lake that produce fish. I read where you may be fishing Eufaula this weekend, good luck and they are catching them under 69 bridge! I also had some luck in Sandy Bass Bay area 2 weeks ago.....
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Big George is coming to Oologah this Sunday. I've got a lesson to learn on trolling for Crappie. I have read somewhere that Eufaula and Oologah fish about the same when it comes to Crappie. I need to expand my methods when it comes to locating them and BG has been kind enough to make the offer.
    On another note, now, how am I going to explain to my Wife, that I am going fishing Sunday, but, leaving all my poles, tackle, and boat here. HA!
    Looks like I best bring home a few, or at least, smell to high heaven of Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Reaper - Make sure you do your own packing. Heard the story of a fellow going on a fishing trip and his wife packed his clothes for him. When he returned he complained to her that she didn't pack him any clean undershorts. She replied, " Yes I did, they were in your tackle box."
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default Damn good one CrappieKen

Never thought of that sure was smart on her part LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Question Did ya git it?

Big George, did you get my emails? I meant Eufaula, not Oologah. Drop me a line back if you would. thanks, and good luck to you guys on your trip together!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tis only a one day excursion. Big George is going to help me locate a few. This way, when he is ready to fish Oologah for the next tourney, I might be able to give him a headsup on what areas are hottest.
    LOL Ken, my luck, my shorts would end up with every treble hook in the box.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Can you say... Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper
    Tis only a one day excursion. Big George is going to help me locate a few. This way, when he is ready to fish Oologah for the next tourney, I might be able to give him a headsup on what areas are hottest.
    LOL Ken, my luck, my shorts would end up with every treble hook in the box.

Better hooks in the shorts, than this poor guy! Took me ten minutes to get him up to the boat when all the sudden, dang line snapped! :p

http://strangesports.com/images/content/109084.jpg

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim - nice looking earring - Is this a new fad among the green carp chasers? It might look better if he were wearing it in his ear lobe.
    Ken