Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West Point Lake Record Hybrid 14 lbs. 13 oz. 3/13/09

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point Lake Record Hybrid 14 lbs. 13 oz. 3/13/09

Where to start..What a Friday the 13th. I was invited by friend and guide Todd Pursley to join him this morning to go after some linesides. We started the morning off fairly well and boated a dozen fish up to 10lbs within an hour and half. Mainly just catching a few to see if they were there and moving to scout new water. We had just moved to a new spot and rebaited and in a matter of a minute Todd said fish on. He told me to grab it and as soon as I did we both knew it was a great fish. I mainly just held the rod as it peeled drag and wore itself out. Finally we got a look at it and both knew it was something special. We weren't 100% sure if it was hybrid because of the line makeup but it had the body. Further looks by other confirmed our suspicion that we might have the new lake record.

After some crazy celebrating and amazement it was lines in and go get this big girl certified. It came in at 14 8/10th of a pound on certified scales. After tons of pictures and congrats we were both on top of the world.

This fish is as much Todd's is it is mine. He just as well could have grabbed the rod. So a big thanks goes out to him.

What makes this so good is the lake record striper also came out of his boat. The man knows his stuff about linesides..not only catching but biology wise.

So when it was said and done Friday the 13th isn't so unlucky after all.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

that is a great fish. Congrats on the record.

Post Thanks / Like

Dustin, it was great to meet you over there and see such a great fish in person. That is for sure a whopper and something to be proud of no doubt. Congrats to you guys on the record. See ya in a couple of weeks. Tony

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT CATCH DP! Congrads on the Record..

also good to see that crappie eating machine on dry land

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, THATS MY FISH :D Just kidden, lucky fer yall that we were pullin fer slabs instead :rolleyes: Congrats, Dustin Thats one COOL fish buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats im sure that was a rush! What did you do with the fish? We goin to see you in GON im sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydonker View Post
    Congrats im sure that was a rush! What did you do with the fish? We goin to see you in GON im sure!
    Thanks eveyone. This was truly a rush for everyone involved. This fish is an end of a dying breed. With the end of the hybrid stocking program their may never be another one like this one in the lake.

I took it to taxidermist Rodney Baskins. He does all my fish and other work also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    Dustin, it was great to meet you over there and see such a great fish in person. That is for sure a whopper and something to be proud of no doubt. Congrats to you guys on the record. See ya in a couple of weeks. Tony
    Great to meet you also. I am glad you got to see it because it was really something special to see in person. The size just seemed so much larger in person.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on a great fish