Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shootin Docks with the Ika

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shootin Docks with the Ika

I tried the new tiny Ika from GYBC today. My local Dick's Sporting Goods just got them in. (About time they got some good crappie baits) Got a few more slabs by shootin the docsk with a 1/32 oz head. Works pretty good!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

What's GYBC & how long are those things? I might check the Dick's in Salisbury and see if they got em and try some down here. Working on phase 2 of my home project this weekend , tearing out the kitchen & bathroom floors replacing them,have to give the fish a break I guess Rather be fishing, but gotta get it done. Do you catch them all way back under the docks or all around them too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    What's GYBC & how long are those things?
    Gary Yamamoto Bait Company - They sell a bunch of bass stuff, but just got into selling crappie baits. The site says 3" but they actually measure 2 3/4. The body and tail are each 1 3/8" long. (The color I have is #192)

The baits are salty and soft. I used to use the bass stuff all the time. Great baits but would tear easily. These crappie ones are pretty durable. The one in the pic caught 8 or 10 fish. (I did super glue it to the head)

Here is a link to the baits:

Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits Online Store ~ Senkos, Cut-Tail Worms, Hula Grubs, Ikas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I actually relized what GYBC was about an hour after I replied to your post, I will check those out.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the new bait update! we will have to see how they work over here on our side. hope they preform like the fin ese's. always nice to have a strong line of hitters, glad youre having such a great early spring and great pictures. just looked at a cool pic from capt mike south of you he's into them too. keep up the good work, guess this is payback for all the tidal action we had all winter when your water was too hard???