Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Today's World....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile In Today's World....

I Just Wanted To Say In Todays World As We Run Around Busy With Our Own Lives And Problems And The T.v. News Reminds Us Of All The Killing's And SENSELESS Crime One Would Think There Are No Good People Left In The World .......

Well, The World Should Take A Page Out Of The Missouri Crappie.com Book !! To See How A Group Of People FROM Different Walks Of Life Have Joined Together To Help And Pray So Much For Another Human Being , Then They Too Would See What I Have Witnessed Right Here On This Site. (IT HAS RESTORED MY FAITH IN MY FELLOW MAN) That There Are Still Good People In This World,and You My Friends Are Good People, No You Are Great People.

There Is A Lesson To Be Learned Here For The Rest Of The World!!!
    Thanks Again For Your Support Of Our Dear Friend Jeff(aka Slayer)

Ed Burns
    Aka Kcballer
    Last edited by KCBALLER; 03-13-2009 at 06:58 AM.
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Very well stated Ed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

well said eddie! the best people i have ever had the pleasure of knowing!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did not know you could talk like that Ed. Jeff I think we are seeing the softer side of ol Baller. Great feeling to have true friends. It is a shame that bad things have to happen first to bring out the best in people.

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME BUNCH OF FOLKS............proud to be a part of this group.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Guys:

I just joined the forum last month hoping to gather some helpful info on fishing at Pomme de Terre with my dad this month. I was quite honestly shocked to see all the responses, and the willingness of people to share information with someone they don't even know, let alone an evil Husker .

What a breath of fresh air you guys have been! Then I saw the response to one of your own falling on tough times. I was genuinely impressed.

Many years ago I fished a local bass tournament circuit up here. My partner and I had the displeasure of winning an August tournament. I say displeasure because we were not well-received, and in fact I think we were despised. Not a single competitor congratulated us after the weigh-in.

Why? Because we were fishing on a no-wake lake, and my partner and I fished from my 12-foot jon boat rigged with an electric motor, flasher sonar and portable livewell instead of a $20k flashy bass boat.

In our minds we proved that it doesn't matter what you fish from. What mattered most was our ability to find and catch fish. While all the other teams pounded the shoreline, we motored out a stone's throw from the launch sight to some sunken cedar trees I found a week earlier in deep water. Could've been on Huck Finn's raft and caught our winning green carp!

The tournament director told us after the weigh-in that he was very happy we won the tournament. He acknowledged the other guys needed to be put in their place. I remember driving home with a pretty empty feeling, rather than being excited about winning. That ended up being the last bass tournament I ever fished.

I graduated to a used 1987 Tracker V16 Guide Special a couple years later. I still have that boat, albeit highly modified now, and I have caught lots and lots of fish from it. Not a Cadillac, just a lean, mean fishing machine that has provided me, my family, and my friends with some great memories on the water.

Something tells me none of you really care about what a guy has for a boat. Well, except for that cool cabin cruiser Monty fishes in . I just hope I get a chance to meet some of you on the water someday.

Sorry for getting so long winded, but I just want you all to know how impressed I am with this forum. The camaraderie, exchange of information on all sorts of topics, and even the nonsense, is a refreshing treat. And I thank you for that.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like

Thats What Its All About , Helping One Another . I'm Glad You Enjoy Our Info And Nonesense. (lol) Our Camp Is Coming Up You Should Bring Your Dad, Its A Great Time
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Ed. I feel like you guys are family. I've made some really good friends on this site. Fished with several folks here and enjoyed the hell out of each one. You folks are truley the best kind of people.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    Thats What Its All About , Helping One Another . I'm Glad You Enjoy Our Info And Nonesense. (lol) Our Camp Is Coming Up You Should Bring Your Dad, Its A Great Time
    I've been thinking about the Camp outing a lot. Sounds like a blast. Not sure yet though if I can get away then. It might be a last-minute trip if things come together.

If the forecast holds for next week though, we'll be down to fish Pomme early Friday to Sunday noon.

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon, Ed. You know your wife wrote that for you. Couldn't agree with her more. There are some good people on here for sure. I am proud to call you folks my friends. Well, most of you anyways. :D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast