Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Your strategy for this post cold front weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your strategy for this post cold front weekend

Just wondering what your strategy is for this post cold front weekend....assuming you are not just staying inside and watching basketball ? Deep, Shallow, banks, flats, creek channels, timber.... minnows, jigs, spinners ?
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in knowing,, im new to the crappie fishing somewhat and could use some hints!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the my strategy will change too much. I have still found fish during this cold. I think the key is to SLOW DOWN. I think the fish will be between the shallows and the first drop off. I am still finding them anywhere from 4-15'. I have had to slow down to find them, but they are still there.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I too will be fishing similiar to what I was prior to the cold spell. I would be surprised if as many would find the fish up as shallow as last weekend though. I think going back to finding structure on the drop with deeper water near by would be the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Winds should be light tomorrow, making it easier to stay on the spot and focus more on the rod tip and line then the trolling motor (which will be a nice change of pace), probably start on wood in deeper water in the morning, and as the sun warms up the dock poles in the afternoon, I will most likely hit em the same way as I did last weekend. The bigger females I'm sure will still be in 14 fow or more... Good luck out there!
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!