Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where did the big ones go ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did the big ones go ???

Last few time we went out only be able to catch small ones. Ratio of 40-1 keeper I'd guess. Where are them big uns

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannalearn
    Last few time we went out only be able to catch small ones. Ratio of 40-1 keeper I'd guess. Where are them big uns
    First, I would try pitching some docks, there will always be some under the docks this time of year, but you want to find some docks in deeper water.

Secondly, I would try finding some brushpiles or structure in fairly deep water and try tightlining some minnows and troll very slowly around that structure. They will normally hold very tight to structure this time of year and as the water gets hotter and the sun comes out more, the more lethargic they will get.

Last, I would check some drop-offs, ledges around the creek channels, sometimes you can pick up a few that way also.

Hope that helps.
    - GABoy
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

40-1 ratio,
    Man I wish I had that! I guess that is what makes fishing those crappie so much fun. Its a challenge!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I caught fish from 6:45am untill noon but only had 6 almost 7 keepers. I had 3 that were just shy of a 1 pound. I threw back about 20 and I think it was more. They were the 8 inch size. They were all in 18' to 30' water but none were deeper than 8 feet drifting minnows slow with one slit shot over cover. It was 90 plus degrees by 9am.
    Crappie have to eat and have a natural reaction to our moving bait. That said you just have to find what they want at the time you are fishing. Shooting docks is a good fishing pattern this time of year because crappie love shade.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

They went deep