Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta traffic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Atlanta traffic

I'll be coming from Charlotte,NC. Tuesday morning and heading to LaGrange on I-85. What's my best route thru Atlanta about noon time? Should I just stay on I-85 or take the long loop around the city? I'll be towing a boat also. Is there any construction to worry about? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    What's my best route thru Atlanta about noon time?

Plane! :D

Seriously, though, I'd just go straight through town on I-85. If you're able, check out this website for traffic reports regarding construction, accidents, etc.:

Georgia Navigator :: Traffic Maps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Atlanta

Shellback, I agreee with with db4d 100%.. I always bust Atlanta wide open.. I make the trip from Cincinnati to Lagrange to and from three times a year.. However, I find that the absolute best thing to do is drive at night... I usually leave Cincy around 10:00 pm. and arrive at my destination.. Buena Vista Ga. (apprx 2 hours south of Atlanta) by daylight.. Put the Tahoe on cruise control and avoid all the traffic... Otherwise, You WILL hit some sort of traffic conjestion that will add an hour or two to your trip.. That I can guarantee.

Counting the days now.. Tuesday night can't get here soon enough! See you at the Fest.. JusFshn

Post Thanks / Like

i could not possible live anymore closer to right smack dab in the middle of atlanta. tuesday at noon, you will be perfectly fine going straight through the city. you will not hit the construction until about 15 miles south of the city on 85. its unavoidable. ill be going right through it to get to west point also.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll bite the bullet and go straight down I-85. For all those going to the slabfest, the wife and I will be at campsite #69 on Tuesday afternoon. Just look for the guy cleaning a mess of fish. J.K.

Post Thanks / Like

when you get around the ga border turn your radio to am 750. they give traffic reports about every 15 minutes

Post Thanks / Like

Shellback,

I work in Forest Park and drive to Hogansville everyday and you will be
    fine. Roads get a little tight around Newnan "you will see what I mean"
    but traffic should be clear.

Good luck fishing next weekend hope the weather holds good for you

Marabou

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marabou View Post
    Shellback,

fine. Roads get a little tight around Newnan

Marabou

yep, wonder when they will ever finish all that mess. i hate pulling my boat that 30 miles with no emergency lane to pull over. seems kinda dumb for them to do that like that

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

yea i hate that stretch of I-85 those barriers have paint and tire marks all over them. Glad none of it is mine Just went up and back this morning. It seems it gets tighter each week. I just get in the inside lane where you have a few feet. it kinda scares me in the right lane with big trucks..

Ron when you get there just remember you are only 20 minutes from the lake :D

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    yea i hate that stretch of I-85 those barriers have paint and tire marks all over them. Glad none of it is mine Just went up and back this morning. It seems it gets tighter each week. I just get in the inside lane where you have a few feet. it kinda scares me in the right lane with big trucks..

Ron when you get there just remember you are only 20 minutes from the lake :D

thats exactly what i do. dem big trucks seem to not have a care in the world passing you by at 80 mph either, riding 6 inches from that wall barrier. not me..:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast