going to upgrade my f.f.

1- up front and 1 at the wheel

400.00 or under
    what do you thinks is the best for the money

thanks guy crappie.com are the best guy on the water

jimmie

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Just Upgraded

I Went With Dynamite Up Front And A Old Crank Telephone At The Back, Both Work Well But Caution With The Dynamite If You Throw It Up Stream Get Up Stream Past It Quickly......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just put on a X510C Lowrance on the front of my Champion. $329 at Cabelas a few weeks ago on sale. You can see a 1/8th oz. jig on it. They make a 522 Lowrance with GPS if needed for the dash. Have seen it in action also. Great units.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    I Went With Dynamite Up Front And A Old Crank Telephone At The Back, Both Work Well But Caution With The Dynamite If You Throw It Up Stream Get Up Stream Past It Quickly......
    Monty, you been hittin the sauce already this evening?:D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default No

But I Did Get A Good Deal On My Auto Insurance......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Like mine pretty well

I've got a Lowrance Eagle 480 up front and and Lowrance 320 w/ GPS on the back. These are far far far from the best out there but they have done pretty well for me. I don't think you could get these two for $400.00 but at least it will give you some food for thought.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I was just flipping through the BPS Marine Catalog this afternoon. My eyes about fell out of their sockets when I saw what a guy could spend on a new HD unit with navigation tools. I think I paid less for my daughter's car than one of those new high end Lowrance units!

Made me even more happier with my Lowrance X125 in back and an old Eagle Optima on the bow. Like WantinCrappie, not the best units out there, but I've become proficient with them in manual mode to get the most out of them.

I don't get too enamored with bells and whistles when selecting my fishing and boating gear, but when I upgrade my rear unit I'll definitely get one with built in GPS and put my handheld Garmin on the shelf.

I'd like to get a color unit too, because from what I read, they're easier to interpret.

Post Thanks / Like

fstask the color units are great. You can get into a nice color gps unit for $500. Just don't get in a hurry and watch for sales.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Although

Quote Originally Posted by fstask View Post
    I was just flipping through the BPS Marine Catalog this afternoon. My eyes about fell out of their sockets when I saw what a guy could spend on a new HD unit with navigation tools. I think I paid less for my daughter's car than one of those new high end Lowrance units!

Made me even more happier with my Lowrance X125 in back and an old Eagle Optima on the bow. Like WantinCrappie, not the best units out there, but I've become proficient with them in manual mode to get the most out of them.

I don't get too enamored with bells and whistles when selecting my fishing and boating gear, but when I upgrade my rear unit I'll definitely get one with built in GPS and put my handheld Garmin on the shelf.

I'd like to get a color unit too, because from what I read, they're easier to interpret.
    Although, I will say my buddy has a LCX 38C HD and it is unreal with what you can see on it. Been on Stockton and just playing with it and drop a 1/8 oz jig and watch yourself bouncing it off the bottom clear as day. UNREAL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got my X510C tweeked in to see an 1/8 oz jig like that. Pretty sweet. The LCX 38 is like watching it on a big screen. Got to love the Lowrance units.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast