Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dog days are here!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog days are here!!!

Temperatures in the upper 90's heat index 100 plus....I'm ready for fall!!!

I've not had a chance to visit the site much this summer and have missed talking with you guys. Between my State job and mowing yards to support my fishing habit I've not had much extra time. I've also not had the chance to do much fishing either. WORK GETS IN THE WAY OF SO MANY THINGS!

I'm going to be rigging my boat up with rod-holders next month to get ready for the teezur tournament. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone from the site. I'm sure it will be a good time!

I've seen the book Crappie Wisdom mentioned several times...Is this book still in print anywhere? If not can anybody recommend a good book that will aid with help in finding crappie after the spawn. Since it's so hot, might as well stay in the air conditioning and read up some on my favorite kind of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think it is still in print. I see that book on Ebay pretty frequently. Could save yourself a couple of bucks by getting it there used.

Otherwise, check out this link for some other very good reading and viewing materials: http://www.crappiestuff.com/crappie_books_videos.html

Full baskets to ya, and remember to stay hydrated!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Brad:

I think that you can go though this web site. www.crappie.com and still get that book. It might help Ed out if you purchase it though his web site links.

Is is a great book for the new crappie chaser. It covers lots of different types of waters, rivers and different types of lakes. It covers the different time seasons and the type of equimpent needed as well as where the crappie may be in the different types of lake over the 10 different In-Fishermen seasons.

It covers rivers, Canyon type lakes, Highland and lowland type lakes. Canadian Shield type lakes and river backwaters.

It's pretty general though and does not get into all the details that you can get in here (the forums) and by reading the Crappie World Magazine.

I really think that it's a great book but I am sure that there are other books out there that can add to it's knowledge.

I still want to read some more books to increase my knowledge about crappie. Lots of books may repeat a lot of the information in the Crappie Wisdom book but then they also will add some new information.

And man it's hot here also. I got up at 7 am this morning and almost got the boat out. But the though of it getting up into the upper 90's and with the high humidiy we have here next to the Ohio River I decided to stay inside in the AC today.

A few weeks ago all we had was rain and cloudy weather from the first huricane of the season as it came up to IN and just sat here for a week. Now that the rain is gone so are the clouds and man the sun is beating down on us here.

I wish that the lakes that I fished had a few trees to give some shoreline shade. At least at Patoka Lake there are a few bridges that I can get under and get out of the direct sun.

It won't be long before the fall season arrives and it's a great idea to sit in the AC and read up on new crappie fishing techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad
    Temperatures in the upper 90's heat index 100 plus....I'm ready for fall!!!

I've not had a chance to visit the site much this summer and have missed talking with you guys. Between my State job and mowing yards to support my fishing habit I've not had much extra time. I've also not had the chance to do much fishing either. WORK GETS IN THE WAY OF SO MANY THINGS!

I'm going to be rigging my boat up with rod-holders next month to get ready for the teezur tournament. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone from the site. I'm sure it will be a good time!

I've seen the book Crappie Wisdom mentioned several times...Is this book still in print anywhere? If not can anybody recommend a good book that will aid with help in finding crappie after the spawn. Since it's so hot, might as well stay in the air conditioning and read up some on my favorite kind of fishing.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Going to hit 100 Friday and Saturday here in Mid Missouri, this isnt counting the heat index either.... lots and lots of water going to be drank while fishing.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

TAE73,

Tell me about it, I'm going up to MTL today for a friends wedding on the lake tomorrow so I thought I would go up and try to find some whites this afternoon. Sometimes this hot weather just drives them nuts. Taking the girlfriend with me so we might have to do a little more running then I like to to keep cool. My friend thats getting married is a pro on the lake so hopefully I can get some local advice. I know the crappie fishing has been a bit of a flop this year so far so hopefully this fall will make up for it. I'll let you know how the trip goes. Keep cool and hydrated!