Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor Battery Question!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor Battery Question!

It,s time to get a new battery for my trolling motor. I need comments good or bad on the Stowaway Batteries from Acadamy Sports. I have looked at the Stowaway Proffesional batt. This batt i understand is made by Exide Corp. Any comments will be welcomed.
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Post Thanks / Like

spend the money and get you an opti..just my opinion...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agree...

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre View Post
    spend the money and get you an opti..just my opinion...
    I happen to work for Johnson Controls who make the optima line. The spiral cell tech. and gel cell give you more lead than in any other battery which translates into longer life and better charge capacity.

I have two of them in my boat for my 24v troller and I can run days on them. They are pricey (unless you work for JCI) I'll admit that.

You want the blue top.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 optimas last year instead of a GPS/Sonar combo, and was glad I did. I run only 12V so I bought one for cranking and another for trolling. Best I've ever seen. Worth the money, but I did pay over $400 (w/tax) for both batteries. If you're gonna spend $100 for a voyager get an optima for $200.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

i keep two wally world cranking batteries in my boat and rarely go to the second battery even on windy days. i just make sure to charge em up as soon as i get home. had em for several years.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep any of them on the charger and they will last. I can't afford the Optima.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted the same question in December or January on this board and the Louisiana board. There was a lot of response and the thread may be in the archives. But by far Stowaway and Wal-Mart batteries were the replacement choice. Most that replied had no trouble with them and they lasted for 3 to 4 years. I myself haven’t the money to buy some of the batteries that were suggested and could not justify the more expensive ones. I bought 2 Stowaway batteries from Academy I think they were $57 apiece. I have used them several times for as much as 6hours trolling pulling a 185VS Ranger without them needing charged so they last a while before needing charged.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the replies as i am on a fixed income. Uncle Shugg doesn,t beleive in giving huge raises unless your a corporate exc. I am simply trying to get the most bang for the buck. Also i do have an onboard charger and am sure that will help. Any other suggestions are welcome and if any of you work for uncle and want to send one of those big corporate raises my way i,ll gurantee it will be spent wisely. Thanks!
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2fshmore View Post
    I appreciate all the replies as i am on a fixed income. Uncle Shugg doesn,t beleive in giving huge raises unless your a corporate exc. I am simply trying to get the most bang for the buck. Also i do have an onboard charger and am sure that will help. Any other suggestions are welcome and if any of you work for uncle and want to send one of those big corporate raises my way i,ll gurantee it will be spent wisely. Thanks!
    if you order something, watch it. Some folks tack on a hazard shipping charge. That why I got Walmart instead of Delco Voyagers.

I know the pros and cons about batteries. I prefer the convenience of Walmart vs brand name. Walmart batteries come from the Georgia cracker and peaches. MOAO
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with Interstate batteries.
    I'm just an ornery sinner saved by Grace:o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast