Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trailer tire wear

Post Thanks / Like

Default trailer tire wear

Just replaced the tires on my trailer and noticed they are wearing really bad on the inside of the tread. Driver side more than the pass. When boat is on trailer the tires seem to ride on the inside almost like the axle is flexing or something. Is this possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is possible but it is more probable that your axle or spindles may have been bent upward at some point from overload.

The transfer company screwed up one side of my Triton's during shipping. They put such a load on the strap that it actually bent the wheel on one side as well. I pulled out of the dealership onto the highway and the boat looked like it wanted to jump off of the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tracker trailer

I had trouble with mine wearing on the inside also , I switch to a radial tire and had to go 1 size bigger ,seems to help . the original tires were bias tires ,they were like balloons .

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed one of my Goodyear Marathons had worn so badly on the inside that I put my spare on , Because I was afraid it might not make it home this weekend. Putting my boat in my shop today to see if I have bent an axle or something.