Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin? Really?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin? Really?

All this talk about catchin' limits is making me want to try again!! My Dad and I went Friday and put in a Lakeside. We hit a couple of piers to the right of Town and Country in the back of the slough and caught 2 right off the bat in 7 ft of water. Then we moved on to some piers on the main channel to get out of the wind and haven't seen a Crappie yet... I know it's a cardinal sin to reveal one's secret spots, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated... PM me if you want to talk specifics or if you would like to wet a hook!!

Thanks Guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Loren for the responce to my email!

Anyone else?? Please??

Post Thanks / Like

Default info

Every once in a while you will find somebody on this site that will give up there honey holes but there are more that give the usual "good luck just keep pluggin along and you will find them" answer. I figure there are plenty of crappie in Logan and try to help people not have to spend three years of there life trying something that doesnt work. I still intend to fish sat but the weather is not going to cooperate. I will let you know if I find a pattern that works...

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about the weather! That wind is howling! I may try again Sunday... Just have to get James Spann on board. LOL!! Thanks again for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

Default James's Cursed us

I used to like James but now he has made my weekend worse, but not impossible. I can recall last year at this very time tearing the crappie up and as I recall the weather was real bad that weekend too. There was a real bad storm that went through and the tornado sirens were just a blasting. Of course I did the safe thing and put the cover on my minnow bucket so they wouldnt fly out.

Post Thanks / Like

HA! Smart Move!! Keep them Minners safe!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Safety is my middle initial

I actually have a BS in Safety so believe me when I say that the minnows were safe from the tornado, now safe from the hook is another story.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally , i would not be fishing in 7 foot of water this time of year. Me and my dad caught them in no deeper than 5 foot . And most came in 3-4 foot range. We didnt get a bite on a minnow and had 32 keepers on jigs. The fish were closer to the bottom than expected. In 4 foot of water we fished 3 foot deep. As for advice on spots. I had a slow day that friday. Put your trolling motor down and go pier to pier get out in front of it and throw 4 or 5 times beside and infront and move on. If u get a bite anchor. I eded the day with 8 slabs. Forget the minnows . The backs of creeks are good this time of year. Try rabbit branch. Pay attention to the crappie fisherman around u . If they are wearing them out look where they are. Come back to it. It may be a spot they made or it could just be a natural spot that holds crappie. I used to get mad at people fishing a spot i made but i will do the same thing. Now i just make more spots than people can fish. Thats the key tho. Make your own spot. Spots. Get a map and look for shallow spawning flats to put structure to catch fish this time of year. Or on points in 4-5 foot of water. make sure there are current breaks. Everyone who catches fish every time they go either put n the time to make good spots to catch fish or they put in time to find them. Go as often as u can. Also if u want to know there is a certain color jig that has been on fire . Ill email it if u want the color.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Move On

Do not fish longer than 10-15 minutes in one spot unless you are catching fish,Use a few different color jigs and if no luck,,,MOVE ON