Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mozingo 7/20/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mozingo 7/20/05

Went up there tonight and as usaul managed to catch crappie in the 2'-10' of water range, using jigs and small plastics, just as the sun dips below the horizon. Have been having this kind of fishing through the whole month of June up here. Nothing huge was caught just nice 9-12" fish. Not many small ones to throw back either.
    Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7/22/2005-from the shore-dam area

Took one of my little brothers fishing this evening. Just fish from shore at the dam. Earlier this month I had been having tons of luck at dusk with crappie. Tonight was pretty much the same, but they weren't biting with nearly the same frequency as 20 days ago or so. Missed a bunch of hits, very light. Even had several right at the bank and they would spit the hook. Ended up bringing home 7 keepers. Caught lots of bluegill too.

Most interesting part of the night was when I heard the fish of the stringer splashing like crazy and I looked over to see a Northern water snake attempting to down one of the crappie. The snake had a stringer of 4-5 fish pulled ashore and was going to town.

All in all a decent evening fishing, considering how hot it was today.
    Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!