Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaubleau Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weaubleau Creek

Does anyone know anything about fishing the upper reaches of this? I have never been, but my uncle used to travel over there from El Dorado Spgs and really hammer them at times.

Post Thanks / Like

How far up is the upper reaches? I have fished under TT highway and caught small white bass a few times, above that it gets small quick unless there is a lot of runoff. Back down toward 82 can be some great crappie fishing in the spring and fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of stumps down in that area good place to tear up your boat! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard a good thing about that area. I was told to stay out of there. I think it was something about a criminal element in there.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told the same thing. The area boat ramp(s) used to have the reputation for broken glass and missing equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Camo i think i'll have to agree with you on the stumps and boat damage that the upper Osage can cause. I've even heard that there are some mud flats up there that you can get stranded on if your not careful. I agree with you I'm keeping my boat down the river from Talley just be safe. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Brushpile, what do you consider the "upper osage"?The rivers I fish are ALL full of stumps and logs, which is the structure we fish. Ihave a 20' aluminum, and so long as theres enough current, you can read the river and avoid headaches and lower unit issues. Helps to know the river well.
    As far as what part they were fishing, I dont recall ever hearing where they went, but I THINK they used a trolling motor, and small2-3 man. I know they used to catch a lot of fish in it. Is there a boat ramp at "TT" and where is it? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the stump deal myself, the last time I looked there are stumps all over Truman lake, mud flats, extended points, humps and near islands all over Truman maybe I'm missing something! There is no ramp at TT, you can drive down and underneath the highway bridge and fish off the bank right there or go up or down the creek, down is probably the best. There is a sometimes ramp just off 82 to the Southwest side of the bridge but I wouldn't depend on using it. The next ramp close by is the Brush Creek ramp on the Osage about 1.5 miles East of 13 on the south side of the Osage and I have heard of some breakends in that area, I have a bad feeling that this is going to become more common everywhere on account of the economy hope not!
    Have you fished the Sac, there is a concrete reamp at the Sac River Access on 82 West of 13, with good parking. Good white bass run, hybrids show up now and then, pretty good run of walleyes, the crappie fishing is best there in the fall, for me anyway. You can run up river 8 to 10 miles if carefull and can read the water.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sac all the way down to Talley Bend will be a busy place in a few days. No place to park most days. Lots of snaggers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BRUSHPILE View Post
    Hey, Camo i think i'll have to agree with you on the stumps and boat damage that the upper Osage can cause. I've even heard that there are some mud flats up there that you can get stranded on if your not careful. I agree with you I'm keeping my boat down the river from Talley just be safe. Good luck.
    Right at the mouth of Weaubleau Creek there's a massive mud flat. I pulled two pontoons off of it last year. They tried to just cruise right on over it and got stuck big time. It was pretty funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast