Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where ya at Crappie Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where ya at Crappie Reaper

I fished Eufalala last Sat didnt do much had 15 or so So Reaper what is the report up your way let me know what is going on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big George
    I fished Eufalala last Sat didnt do much had 15 or so So Reaper what is the report up your way let me know what is going on
    Well, the only time I had to fish this week was Sunday. I took my 6 year old twin daughters out around 7 a.m. We fish about three spots and the only fish was a 6" long Channel Cat caught by Felicia. I called their mom to come pick them up as it was getting too hot for them. I went back out and found a cut off the main lake in 20-25' of water. There were three sets of old markers there and the graph showed Brush Galore. Fish on the Graph showed to be numerous from about 12' down. I anchored long so I could move up a boat length every now and then. I fished 5 poles each with single minnow. I tried all depths and caught a 4" Channel, 3 Drum, and one Crappie that might have been pushing 4.5". I may have to try some overnight trips once the work slows down. I even tried the sumbmerge brush where the heated dock used to be at Redbud Bay, but no fish. I loaded the boat around 2 p.m. and called it a day. I am way passed the frustration point and just plan to keep trying. Eventually I am bound to come across a keeper.
    It's been a tough summer at Oologah so far. I've never had this much trouble locating fish.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

That's where I'm at. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eufaula

I fished Eufaula last Sunday and had about the same luck as Big George. Went to a couple spots that usually produce but it wasnt happenin! Caught a few around a boat dock before loading and heading home.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

If Oologah keeps whipping me like it has for the last month plus, I know of a couple of docks on Grand that I can fish around overnight. May have to try Bluff Landing outside of BA before too long.