Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Maryland crappie lovers out there??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Maryland crappie lovers out there??

I used to fish down in Md, at a lake in the black hills regional park in montgomery county and had them pretty well figured out ... That place had some good sized crappie just about all the time.. Any other folks fish there, or have fished there??

Tux

tomas Guest

I'm in Maryland and fish in Little Seneca Lake as often as I can. I typically go for bass, but this year I've had an interest in targeting both crappies and bluegills there.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish Conowingo Reservoir quite a bit for crappie. But no longer live there, so its been a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomas
    I'm in Maryland and fish in Little Seneca Lake as often as I can. I typically go for bass, but this year I've had an interest in targeting both crappies and bluegills there.
    If I remember right, the hydrilla should be up pretty high now over there.. There used to be a sweet spot in the cove by the bridge, on the side that you park on.. I think(if memory serves me) that you see one of the drop offs where they'd hang out at.. I used to go there for dinner every evening before going home.. I'd get about 10 or so VERY nice sized crappie from there to take home.. There's also the "stick-ups" when not over run by hydrilla as well as over in the housing developement there on the back side of the lake..

That place brings back good memories for me, lol.. There was many a day I'd freak my buddy out by pointing out schools of crappie as the worked there way into the cove, or towards us and catching 6 or so before they'd move back out farther from shore...

Best of luck to you, and enjoy!!

Tux
    Likes project5550 LIKED above post

tomas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tuxdaddy
    If I remember right, the hydrilla should be up pretty high now over there.. There used to be a sweet spot in the cove by the bridge, on the side that you park on.. I think(if memory serves me) that you see one of the drop offs where they'd hang out at.. I used to go there for dinner every evening before going home.
    Well the hydrilla is coming up, but it isn't quite as bad (yet) as it has been in years past. Give it another month and the stuff will completely eliminate shore fishing possibilities.

I know the cove you are talking about. I haven't had any luck in there myself, but it certainly is lined with shore anglers.

Post Thanks / Like

Well from the parking spot, if you head down to the cut out,(where some folks put their boats , canoes and such), then head back towards the back of the cove. There used to be a little spot where you pretty much had to step in the water, then about 50 feet from there, you should be able to see the hydrilla drop off(if you are wearing polarized specs ), and fan cast that area.. If I remember right give a 2 or 3 count with a 1/16th rooster tail, and start your retrieve, and if you dont get a bit increase the count..

Also try over at the boat ramp, but on the finger, where no boats go in.. Go over at the finger and work the stick ups out off the very tip...

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Bump!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappster

I've always thought about fishing the conowingo pool but never had the chance. Any tips or suggestions for me? Thanks

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Rick,

Check your PM...

That's the info that was given to me...

Hope it helps?

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Default please help

[QUOTE=tuxdaddy;56545]If I remember right, the hydrilla should be up pretty high now over there.. There used to be a sweet spot in the cove by the bridge, on the side that you park on.. I think(if memory serves me) that you see one of the drop offs where they'd hang out at.. I used to go there for dinner every evening before going home.. I'd get about 10 or so VERY nice sized crappie from there to take home.. There's also the "stick-ups" when not over run by hydrilla as well as over in the housing developement there on the back side of the lake..

That place brings back good memories for me, lol.. There was many a day I'd freak my buddy out by pointing out schools of crappie as the worked there way into the cove, or towards us and catching 6 or so before they'd move back out farther from shore...

hi im new to the mo county area im a saltwater fisherman but i been fresh water fishing now bout five or six years an i love fishing for crappie cause of the the challenge they hold with how deep they are, are they on the move etc… an i really need to find some good crappie holes IN mo county now the bridge you talking about is that clarksburg rd bridge an if so whats the average depth you would start at fishing for crappie an besides minnows what other baits you use i use trout magnets baltimore an PG county they prefer those over crappie magnets i use beetle spins im finding out in every body of freshwater they prefer different baits an tactic's please help im bout ready to move i feel as their no good fishing up here lol
    i see this post is old i hope u can get this an help me out ive fished clopper they small i fished the lake in montgomery village small i fished gunners but they only bite their in spring
    PLEASE HELP LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast