Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from SW MO, Marmaton, Little Osage(pics)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone from SW MO, Marmaton, Little Osage(pics)

Name:  white cat pat h #2.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  114.8 KBI live in Vernon Co. and fish the Marmaton, Little and Big Osages, and Bates Co. Drainage Ditch. Mainly hit the riffles and low-water bridges for the crappie/white bass- more like big creeks than rivers really. Seems like most here fish the lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't speak for anyone else but I do like to fish the small creeks for whites and crappies should be a few hybrids in there too. I spend most of my fishing time now in a boat because it's easier on the knees, hips, and back not all that old just a lot of miles, hard miles, miles and miles of miles. And thats my story and I'am sticking too it! So if you know of a place with pretty easy access and a run going on I would appreciate hearing about it, I'm about 80 miles north of you.

Post Thanks / Like

I know most of your running ground very well. I am tired of fightin' the banks. My body says its time to go to refined fishing. I am sure we could swap some stories about the marmaton and drainage ditch.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Try that Old Town Access right off Highway 71 North of Rich Hill. You can generally float a boat except summer. The riffle right there at the ramp is AWESOME. Also a good riffle at Prairie City down river several miles, I usually fish that from the bank. Isn't there a spillway at Butler somewhere, that I hear they catch crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

lee
    Any places south of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Have conditions been right for an early early spring run of crappies up the creeks?

Post Thanks / Like

Buzzman, I don't fish anything much south of Nevada, other than the old Mill dam at Caplinger on the Sac. Spring river down by Carthage runs on down into Grand Lake, but I have never fished it. On over South of Stockton is Mays Creek and Sons Creek where I hear they do well. Where are you from, and where do you go?

Red-Not too good conditions so far- river got out about 3 weeks ago, but it was cold, and didn't seem to bring them up yet. I mainly been fishing irrigation lakes and doing fair. BUT, My cousin has been doing real good the last few days over on Clear Creek though. It runs into the big Osage though,and holds more fish year round. I may head over there and put the boat in friday.
    We need one good warm rain. Where do you fish?

Oh, and to Slipbobber, regarding the wipers: I caught a 13# wiper on a #9 hook and blugill on a throw line a couple of springs ago!
    Thanks, Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bayoulee View Post

Red-Not too good conditions so far- river got out about 3 weeks ago, but it was cold, and didn't seem to bring them up yet. I mainly been fishing irrigation lakes and doing fair. BUT, My cousin has been doing real good the last few days over on Clear Creek though. It runs into the big Osage though,and holds more fish year round. I may head over there and put the boat in friday.
    We need one good warm rain. Where do you fish?
    I too am spoiled with farm lakes, but I do get out on Truman sometimes - mostly Henry County. I sometimes hear fables of jackpots below logjams or shallow water crossings (any obstruction) real early in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

I here the walleye are starting to make a run. People are hittin' all the riffles from Pappinsville to Virginia. If we don't get flooded it should be a heluva year!!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lee i live e of carthage about 10 mi. Fish ponds and stockton. Go to ruark bluff and cc.
    later buzzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast