Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig swap #6 test results !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig swap #6 test results !

What A Morning ! What a loss Fish-4-All I need Another Oil-Slick Sicklebutt I got gready didn't rety after #14 lost it on the 15 fish .Heres who don'it F-4-all 14, Len 13,Scrapper-8,Brimreaper-7,Luncker-7,Dr. fish-9,Fishingbuddy-8,Hairjig-10,FF117-10,Blldog-9 for a total of 95 fish lotta small ones.here's some pics.sorry about the blurry pics. I was jerkin them in and snappin photos as fast as I could go !Got out there at 5 this morning caught 3 before 6:45 at 6:50 Katty-Bar-the -door and I don't feel like I did good had this ol'boy pull up beside with some tube jig's and smooth wore'im out He was jerkin them in faster than I could count gotta to talking to Him He said the big females done come and gone that explain's all the smaller fish He said bout 4 wks agoI know I missed the count by 20 or so I was amazed watching him I asked him you think anybody would believe us if we told them how many we caught today he said nope ,but there was a man and his wife that were settin there fishing with minnow's that won't ever forget it ! I saw them catch 3 when I quite My hands are chewed up pretty good!
    Thanks For The Great Jigs FF P.S. these were jig swap #5 jigs Sorry I was excited!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by flatfish46; 03-09-2009 at 12:46 PM.
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

O fish I was gonna tell you the ugly little spinner bait works great I forgot I caught 5 on it they weren't hittin it fast enough hung it up ! Mines white yours ill be better.One piece of advice Fish on the sickle but drop down to a 1/32 or 1/24 head due to the stream line design of the jig with a lot less drag hit falls much faster they were runnin it down the other lighter jig's I got to watch My line pop when they hit it I like the slower drop in the spring nottin wrong with it it just drops faster than the same weight jig.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by flatfish46; 03-09-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Those look like missouri crappie. Did you miss the spawn? I don't believe that. I lose count of how many after about 15-20. You have a fish counter in your pocket?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir got one of them 3 button job's Man ! it was a freak show yesterday and today I've never fished this lake during the spawn though I was about right the guy I talked to this morning said the year was crazy they were 5-6 weeks early ? that might explain the drop off in good fish out deep here at new years' surface temp. was still cold that's alright got some spot's towards the deep end they'll be parking at I'll move there next ,but what fun it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, nice goin! The big feme's spawned a few weeks back up here, too. Usual for my fishin hole, tho. Just remember next year, run in the spawn area and check water temps startin in Jan. Soon as it hits 50, start fishin them big ole early spawners! Great time of year! Jan and Feb are my best times for big sows!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Haul!

My jigs are heavier because of the lead wrap on the shank to get the body shape. Working on using something different to get the shape and make it a little lighter. Not sure if it will work on a sickle hook but have to try something.

BUT that is awesome that they caught fish! I figured the design would catch them but maybe not the color combo. Guess I need to tie some more in that color.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad they worked out for you flat.

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Man you guys are killing me with all the pics!!!!!!! I can't wait for the frozen water to melt up here so my nephew can take me out in his boat.

Fatman