Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kicked off my campaign today.....

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Kicked off my campaign today.....

For one of those side-imaging sonars!!! I have decided that one of those is my only hope of consistent success chasing the crappie and i must have one....

For the single guys, newlyweds, or the wealthy; the campaign means that I have dropped the first hint to my wife that one of these incredibly complicated, and, yes somewhat pricey items is quickly becoming a necessity for fishermen.....especially me, and that $1,000 in 2009 dollars really isn't all that much:o and that the more i stimulated the economy, the better! After all, we want the children of Humminbird employees to have Christmas too!! OK, that's a little too much. I would really like one though.

Is there anyone that has bought one (the new 798 specifically) and regretted it?? While on the water???
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

i bought the 997 and love it,it took a little more talking to the wife though ,the only regret is the slow gps but maybe they will step up to the plate now that lowrance is intruducing theres.i use a handheld to help get back on spots
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the 997 and love it a yr. later but I went through a few months where I actually caught less fish because I couldn't stop looking at the darned thing. There is a lot for an old fellow to learn. If you are serious about getting one go ahead and print the owners manual and start looking at all the web sites and learn everything you can before it gets there.
    Allatoona Bandit