Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just love being on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just love being on the water

When you spend every day on the water, you get to see all kinds of things. Some of them just amaze you.

Today, while scouting out a brushpile I haven't fished in a while, a bald eagle soared down not more than 20 yards from my boat, scooped up a fish from the water and landed on a tree limb not far away. I tried to get a pic of it, but this is the best I could get just as he was leaving it's temporary feeding roost while being chased by another bird.

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

awesome action photo!

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl I saw one as well on Lake Maumelle last week. I thought they just hung arround in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

You can still tell he,she had one heck of a wing span.

Post Thanks / Like

We can all thank Rachel Carleson and her book "Silent Spring" for the discovery that DDT and pesticides were destroying the Eagle eggs. Since DDT was banned the eagles have made a great comback.

At Patoka Lake in Southern IN and Hovey's lake we have eagles nesting again. At Patoka they close off the eagle nesting area and don't allow anyone to get too close to their nesting sites. I guess they don't want boats getting to close and disturbing the eagles with the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    When you spend every day on the water, you get to see all kinds of things. Some of them just amaze you.

Today, while scouting out a brushpile I haven't fished in a while, a bald eagle soared down not more than 20 yards from my boat, scooped up a fish from the water and landed on a tree limb not far away. I tried to get a pic of it, but this is the best I could get just as he was leaving it's temporary feeding roost while being chased by another bird.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle

Here's one I took of an eagle recently. Not the best!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I saw several Bald Eagles while cruising the Chickahominy River ion eastern Virginia this weekend. Very exciting to see!
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

I get to see one here every now and then.
    Theres a few that stay at Pickwick during the winter time. And theres some that are here about all year.
    Sure love to see them, Now if I could find fish as good as they do..
    Pete

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

there is one nesting at lake blacksher here in so ga. havent seen it but a resident there i talked to has . it is on the west side of the lake where not menny housed are . i think it is on land that was left to a ga. coledge cant remember the one . . i alwayes take my camera and haven`t got the chance to see it . one day when i git time i will go and look for it insted of fishing . i will take a pole and some bait incase i git a chance to fish :D
    retired and now i will always fish