Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Figured out crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Figured out crappie!

Finally figured how to catch the crappie at out regular lake. Don't try!

While Tom (aka "the boyfriend") was trying to retrieve a hook out of a particularly feisty bluegill that I had caught, he laid his pole to the side and let his line hang over the side of the boat, hook was probably 2ft or so below the water surface. After deciding to cut my line (the fish was a keeper) he went to pick up his pole. It didn't lift so easily, and we thought his line had gotten snagged. It did, it snagged one very, very nice crappie! The look on his face was priceless. We try to catch the crappie, do everything the message boards and magazines say, no crappie. We don't pay a slick bit of attention to what we're doin and we land the crappie. Sneaky little buggars, aren't they!
    Karla:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catching Crappie!

Sometimes the best ways are the simpilest of ways. I generally will just have a pole laying with the line over the side and just above the trees that I am fishing. Even if I am using a jig I will have a minnow over the side of the boat as I manuver around the tree piles. Just make sure you have the pole anchored, because that is when you will usually catch the big one, when you aren't paying attention. Good fishing and having fun is what it is all about. Be safe and have fun. Good Luck!
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p