Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great job guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great job guys

Im hearing great things about the trail guys. Just want to says congrats and thanks to you all that started and to those that fish the trail. Do to some significant unfortunate events, i havent been able to join you all but I hope things turn around SOON I PRAY. One thing I would like to see in the results in more info on how the winners won. How they fished, baits used, and any other info they are willing to give up. I think this will help all of us in becoming better fisherman/woman. Also some pics would be great also. Thanks again guys and I hope to see you all soon.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DI !! I look forward to seeing you at one or more of these soon too!! I will try to get a little more info on the website and on here about the "how it was done" and more pics. I do know that this past tournament just about every method there is for catching crappie was put to work! I heard and saw everything from pushing to pulling to corks/minnows/jigs to even shooting docks! Eufaula has everything anyone wants. Problem this time was finding what the bigger schools wanted. But with 5 fish over 2.11 lbs weighed in, I think several folks were on them, but the fish were just a little cranky from the crazy weather. I heard black/blue/chart and black/yellow/red were good colors. I know the smaller fish seemed to hold deeper in the creek channels, and the bigger fish were w/in 4ft of the surface but still over water 15+ feet deep. Water temps ranged from 56 - 63. There were teams that fished the extreme southern end of the lake around Pataula Ck all the way up the 'Hooch above Hanahatchee (or however you spell it). Hopefully some others will post some better details of what they did and how it worked out for them. We have a lot of Crappie.com members fishing the trail. Keep praying and I am sure things will turn around soon.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Our team, long line trolling in around 25 to 30 feet of water in creek channel. We used K-grubs with light wire hooks 1/16 oz bumping the bottom. Middle of the afternoon was our best bites, we caught most of our big fish including the 2.72, 2.2 and 1.75 off of a red head with black/red/chartruse tail. Other fish were caught off of punkinseed/chartruse crappie snacks. Water temperature the day of the tourney was 59-63 degrees, wet and cold in the morning but clear and hot in the afternoon. We will send post pics this afternoon.
    Mossy Back Pro Staff
    Wally Marshall Pro Staff