Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Tracker 20o2 . Gas Vents,overflow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Tracker 20o2 . Gas Vents,overflow

If I fil my gas tank , and drive to the laKE when I stop at a stop sign gas runs out the vent holes on the side of the boat shouldn't their be a check valve in their ?

Post Thanks / Like

i think that your gas expanding. it happens to my boat when its cols out and i fill up. if i top the tank all the way full then park it in the basement. as the gas warms up it expands and will push its way out the over flow. it happened just last week to my dads ranger. he filled up the other day while it was cold and then sitting in the yard , when the temps warmed up this week you could see the gas running out the vent on the side. i told him not to top the tank completely full. that should solve the problem. once it gets hot out i dont have the problem any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default reply

Thanks for the reply ,but mine can be 1/2 ful and if I stop at a stop sign to fast it will come out the vent holes on the side of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by howferg View Post
    Thanks for the reply ,but mine can be 1/2 ful and if I stop at a stop sign to fast it will come out the vent holes on the side of the boat.
    Don't stop so fast! Just kidding. I have an '02 tracker and haven't noticed that phenomenon with mine. I don't think you want a check in the vent, it needs to breath both ways depending on the expansion/contraction of the fuel.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats weird. I've seen it happen with a full tank but never a half full one. Can you tell where the vent ties into the tank? It should be on top of it or perhaps in the filler line itself.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with ibnfshn...mine will will I top it all the way off..I have two 12's in my Ranger. You may simple want to add some line to it if you are having this problem...this was a TSB on Johnnyrudes...well not the exact thing...lol. On the pee hole hose, you need to route the hose up over the cylinder head...this keeps air from entering the system and causing hot spots in the head. Same thing here...maybe try to add some line to it and put a bend towards the top or something to get it further from the tank and have an upward angle to make it more difficult to run out. Just some thoughts...thats an odd deal though.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Default gas tank

the tank is built in the vent holes arenear the front , in the side of the boat , I assume the hose runs along the side wall of the boat .I was thinking about plugging it till I get to the lake ,but now you have me thinking that might not be a good idea if the gas expands. appreciate any help.