Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Open seat(s).....7/24

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Open seat(s).....7/24

I have an open seat this coming Sunday 7/24 if anyone wants to hitch a ride. Lake Washington and Union dubble header if the weather holds. You'd just need to brind your gear, lunch and meet me at a launch. I fish early so I'll be launching out around 5am but can come in to meet you at a launch/park later if need be. Bass, perch, catfish, and crappie are on the roster :D.

Post Thanks / Like

how do you like to go after the catfish out there/ i have always wanted to try for them but i don't know much about where they like to hang out

Post Thanks / Like

Anyplace were there are lilly pads and wood will be a good spot to check at night or during the day if it's cloudy. We use a drop setup..half once sinker tied to the end of the line and a snelled drop hook about 12" up the line. Worms, crickets, sandshimp, and small chunks of liver work good for bait. During the day (or night with a lighted bobber) you can use a bobber and just cast next to the pads our log jams. The arboretum, portage bay, and UW are good areas. There are a lot of other places I could show you on a map. For channel cats you can fish Green Lake at night with sandshrimp, or cut perch. If you use worms you'll have to watch your rod closely...the carp will pull your pole in the water if you don't keep an eye on it lol.
    Last edited by SlabKing; 07-18-2005 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ill be out of town, otherwise I would enjoy a lesson on how to fish .

Post Thanks / Like

i have to move and build a fence this weekend and buy a truck, otherwise i'd go and get some cats and crapies

mojarra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing
    I have an open seat this coming Sunday 7/24 if anyone wants to hitch a ride. Lake Washington and Union dubble header if the weather holds. You'd just need to brind your gear, lunch and meet me at a launch. I fish early so I'll be launching out around 5am but can come in to meet you at a launch/park later if need be. Bass, perch, catfish, and crappie are on the roster :D.
    I am up for it. Send me a PM and we can figure it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mojarra
    I am up for it. Send me a PM and we can figure it out!

PM Sent

mojarra Guest

Thanks man! Had a good time on the water. We should organize a small fishing derby in LW soon... :D

Post Thanks / Like

I had a good time as well Mojarra. The fishing good have been better but it was a nice day out anyway. Caught a few small perch after you left and that was about it.

A derby sounds good to me :p