Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to NWA

Post Thanks / Like

Question New to NWA

Hey guys, I just moved to Fayetteville this month from Osceola Missouri. I have had a chance to fish beaver once (montenea), totally different kind of lake then I am acustomed to fishing (truman). Would any of you be willing to give some advice on what I should be keying on in this lake.

I dont know anyone in the area and was also wondering if there are any good fishing or sportsman clubs in the area.

thanks
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT
    Hey guys, I just moved to Fayetteville this month from Osceola Missouri. I have had a chance to fish beaver once (montenea), totally different kind of lake then I am acustomed to fishing (truman). Would any of you be willing to give some advice on what I should be keying on in this lake.

I dont know anyone in the area and was also wondering if there are any good fishing or sportsman clubs in the area.

thanks

SCOUT.....welcome to crappie.com. I've never fished Beaver, but if I did I would either hire a guide or go with a friend that's familiar with the area to learn the ins and outs of the lake, and I think Beaver is a rather large and clear lake. Someone from the area may still answer your post, but if not, click on this link for a guide that's familar with Beaver. Good luck!

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=7310

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scout! Welcome to NWA and the Arkansas board! Right now I would reccomend fishing sun up till about 9 around docks that are in at least 20' of water with minnows or chartreuse/black curly tails. Night is O.K. as well fishing main channel bends ( bluff lines ) in about 25'-40' of water fishing with minnows down 10'-20' under lights. I hope this helps! If you have trouble give me a call at the link below, we'll go fishin!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help guys, It is definatly going to be a learning experience going from the stump infested relativly shalllow muddy water of truman, to fishing the clear deep water of beaver, a whole new world. should be fun trying to figure it out. If I dont figure it out any time soon I will be giving you a call jt.

thanks again
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to God's country, scout some of the best fishing around is here at Beaver. The fall fishing is really starting to pick up listen to J.T. He surely gives an excellent accurate fishing report. Have'nt had the good fortune to fish with him yet but, maybe i'll get lucky someday. Try a little drop shot minnow rig sure worked well for me last night. Fat slabs lurk all over the lake just really deep right now. When you feel the slightest tap set the hook. Anything from crappie to walleye is liable to be on. Good luck & enjoy the fall feeding frenzy.

Post Thanks / Like

Scout,
    Where did U fish out of at Truman? I have fished out of the BuckSaw area. I think U may catch more crappie from Truman but bigger Crappie from Beaver and Bull Shoals Lakes.

These deep clear lakes are harder to fish and learn than lakes like Truman and Ponne de Terre. But I love them.

From reading post JT has made on here he sounds like he knows how to put a person on fish. Wished I could find someone like him on the part of Bull Shoals I like to fish.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Shores, I have been doing some fishing on beaver lately, mostly catching several of the foot long ones and under, no good ones yet, I have been using jigs or jigs tipped with minnows. I have been fishing around War Eagle, should I be looking at the north end of the lake for better fishing this time of the year?

Crappiehead, on truman I mainly fished the Osage arm, I have fished most of the lake including bucksaw but I grew up right on the Osage arm so I know that area the best.
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Scout, it kinda of depends on water temperature and depth, least ways that's been my experience. You should still be able to catch some nice slabs in the river channel, next to bluff lines and drop offs. Also, try fishing the flats in the late evening sometimes they will follow the bait fish into 8 to 10' of water. Hope this helps, if not head north into the main lake no doubt about it the slabs are holding in 25 - 40' of water, 16 - 35' deep. I caught 12, 14" & over plus 2 catfish and (1) finally 18" walleye. Sure was a great night of fishing, got scared off by lightning around 11:00 p.m. Good luck fall pattern is here they're hungry and aggressive.