Default Crappie World mag

Do any of you buy or subscribe to Crappie World magazine? I have
    bought them off the newstand for several years now, hoping they
    would get better. But it seems to still be the same stuff hashed and
    re-hashed. I picked up the last one off the magazine rack the other
    night, and ended up putting it back. Not even much Crappie stuff in
    it. Lots of Bream talk, and even white bass. Still peeved at them over
    some of their tacky advertising too. My 8 year old girl used to look at
    them, and one of those ads just plain makes me uncomfortable.
    I e-mailed them about it, but it is still in there. Thoughts?
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I like you have bought the mag off news stands and I too am disapointed in the content of the magazine. I still buy it because it is the only thing related to crappie out there. You would think that a magazine that only comes out quarterly would have time to produce some good articles.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World

I subscribe to it and have since it came out. It is the only mag like it for Crappie so I will put up with it, and hope they can come up with some new technics some time. I think I have seen all the technics to catch Crappie there are for now tho.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a crappie world fan since they started publishing it. Stopped my subscription last year when i found out that they would add an extra issue in the summer, that isn't covered in my subscription. Thought that to be awfully tacky of them, even tho i went out and bought it. As for articles, they're doing an excellent job. Every time someone finds a way to catch fish, they'll print it. Some may seem similar to others with a little tweak added. That tweak may help us catch a few extra fish on a tough day. Also, the bikini clad woman in the mighty mite/ cubby lure ad looks good to me BUT is in bad taste for my 7 yr old grandson to see in a fishing magazine. It may be what i want but is in bad taste for the mag. Will we let one bad advertisement stop us from reading the whole magazine?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i read in a past issue about a brem and other fish issue . that might be it . i havent paid for a subsrripton in a while .i still git them .
    they do repte the artickles . i have looked at new issues and seames like it is something that i read befor . ike in other post it is the onley thing i have seen about crappie . got to read something while i talk to unckle john :D. if not that it is ga. outdores news . it is onley ga artickles but that is all right for me maby your state has a mag. like that . try the web site . just type in gon and you will find it
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I for one liked the stuff on bream as my wife likes bream eating more than crappie eating and I sure don't know where to find any info on bream fishing. (Anyone know anyplace) A lot more changes and intervations in bass fishing and companies involved with bass gear etc so more new info to put out. Guess we all need to experiment more with baits and techniques and see if we can come up with something new.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff