Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Weiss fishing report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Weiss fishing report?

Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone had a report on Lake Weiss for the past few days? I'm coming down from Kentucky on Monday, fishing out of Bay Springs!! I know there was a cold streak that just went through bama a few days ago. Wondering if the water temperature had come up and if the crappie have started turning on yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I went today and it was slow.I caught alot of short fish and had 4 keepers but I had to leave early.The water is still a little muddy up around riverside.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fireman ....

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiecrazy fireman View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone had a report on Lake Weiss for the past few days? I'm coming down from Kentucky on Monday, fishing out of Bay Springs!! I know there was a cold streak that just went through bama a few days ago. Wondering if the water temperature had come up and if the crappie have started turning on yet?
    Here's some info you might be interested in :

https://lakes.alabamapower.com/

... luck2ya ... and give us a full report, on the KY Forum !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fultondalecrappie View Post
    I went today and it was slow.I caught alot of short fish and had 4 keepers but I had to leave early.The water is still a little muddy up around riverside.
    I went on Thursday and then yesterday. With all the short fish right at 9 and 9.5 inches....it should be a good next year!!!
    Fished powerhouse on Thursday and only brought home 10. Caught maybe 30. Fished north of riverside and caught maybe 30 brought home 8:rolleyes:
    Dark colors in the AM and when the sun came out switch to light colors. Had some both days on laser blades and the biggest was 2 pounds on thursday on my red wasp. Temp has finally hit the magic low 50's but where the big fish are?????? Who in the hell knows!!!
    Guess Terry does cause I talked to him on the water yesterday and he had 30 keepers around 3. He also had caught maybe 90 small fish.
    But we have another cool front and rain this week so who the hell knows!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Weiss Trip

Just returned from Weiss trip. Fished out of Bay Springs Tues-Friday. Tuesday it was about 20 deg F, warmed to about 42 deg F and winds blew steady all day. Caught about 40, but only kept 10. Fished right out in Bay Springs and across the river in the Churchyard. Wednesday we fished with Terry Whaley in the same areas and kept 25. Thursday the wind was calm for a couple of hours in the morning and the temps were much warmer. We fished the lower lake and kept 20 really nice keepers (largest over 2.5 lbs). Friday the wind picked up again and the fish were on the move. Only kept 5 before we stopped fighting the wind. It's supposed to be windy over the weekend. Hope you have good luck on your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

good job guys and thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

The fishing on Weiss has been pretty good over the past week. The first part of the week was better even though the weather really warmed up for the end of the week. I fished the same 3 guys from Minnesota everyday last week and we caught a lot of fish. We averaged 40 keepers per day trolling jigs. We fished out of Bay Springs everyday. The weather this week should continue to be good but we are suppose to have some cooler weather around the middle of the week.

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    weiss lake crappie guides

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks for information

Darrell,
    Thanks for the information and updates. I called you a few weeks ago trying to book a day but you was filled up. That's ok you hooked me up with Alan Mcdowell, which i'll be fishing with Tuesday. Hopefully some time in the future I can get a day with you. See you on the lake. I love your website, really like the pictures and fishing reports.