Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No water from p hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No water from p hole.

Was going to go this morning for the first time this year. Got my boat out yesterday and thought I would start it up and make sure it was going to run ok befor going all the way to the lake. Put the engine foot in water, got it started up but no water coming from p hole. Took the engine covers off and removed water hose and bew air through it to make sure nothng had it bocked up, air went through ok. Got the engine foot out of the water and ran some water through the hose and saw water coming from a hole higher up on the foot from what I thought was the water intake. The engine is a Mercury 115. How many water intake holes are on this engine? It could be that I did not have the foot low enough in the water. The pump was working fine last time I had it on the water, that was sometime in Oct. Anyone have any suggestions on what else to try or should I just go and have the water pump replaced? Talked to one repair shop and they said it would be $150.00-$200.00 to get it replaced. Does that sound about right? If I go to have it replaced should I have them do anything else to the engine while they have it to save me a future trip? I am new with boats so any information will help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-07-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

How old is the motor and when was the last time you changed the water pump?
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how old it is. It is on a 1996 Seanymph deckboat. I just bought the boat last year. The engine purrs like a kitten and pushes the 19ft boat down the lake well. The man I got the boat from said he had the pump changed start of season last year. He was an honest man so l the pump should be fairly new but not 100% sure. I think he may have said the engine was late
    80's model. Thanks.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You might get more responses if you ask here. Mechanics Corner - boats, motors and trailers - Crappie.com
    What is the serial no of the motor? I can tell you exactly what year it is from that. Meanwhile the water intakes are on each side of the L/U under the anti cavitation plate. When you were blowing air did you also try blowing air thru the relief tube? If not take a piece of weed wacker line and stick it up the line. Mud daubbers love to get in them and take up residence. The hole you were talking about is an exhaust relief. Its normal for some water to come out it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Water Pump

I Repair Outboards, A water pump replacement is 75.00 to 125.00 depending on whether its just impeller or whole pump. My charges are usually less than dealer because i don't have the overhead costs.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's not too far to the lake, I'd take it there and put the boat in the water. I know my Yamaha doesn't like to pee with just muffs, but put it in the water and she's fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    If not take a piece of weed wacker line and stick it up the line. Mud daubbers love to get in them and take up residence.
    This is great advice, I never leave home without it. I do a lot of shallow fishing and the mud at times causes problems.

A piece of weed eater line has fixed it every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    If it's not too far to the lake, I'd take it there and put the boat in the water. I know my Yamaha doesn't like to pee with just muffs, but put it in the water and she's fine.
    I've got a 50HP force and it's the same way. I stick a garbage can under it and fill it up to the top, works for me. Too far to the lake to just test the motor.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

How many holes for the water intake is it the line of holes in the front or am l looking at the wrong thing? When l put water through the outlet hose that comes from the top of the engine the only water l can see coming out is one hole towards the top of the foot.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are your water intakes. Should be one on each side.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast