Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Lake 7-16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake 7-16

Fished Saturday morning, partner and I limited with 10-14 inch crappie, tightlining down 14-18 feet using jigs tipped with minnows. one or two keepers per tree and kept moving. Fun morning but very hot, drank three bottles of water apiece. Most boats only had 8-10 crappie per boat, most wanted to tie up and wait for the fish that didn't come in many cases. Will try it again next week. Similiar reports from around Bucksaw on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Carp
    Fished Saturday morning, partner and I limited with 10-14 inch crappie, tightlining down 14-18 feet using jigs tipped with minnows. one or two keepers per tree and kept moving. Fun morning but very hot, drank three bottles of water apiece. Most boats only had 8-10 crappie per boat, most wanted to tie up and wait for the fish that didn't come in many cases. Will try it again next week. Similiar reports from around Bucksaw on Wednesday.

Bruce where were you fishing, I don’t want you fishing spots just general area? We fished the Osage Arm, above Berry Bend Saturday morning and Clear Creek in the afternoon. We didn’t have much luck at all, we only put three fish in the live well and one of them was a white bass. We were using jigs, jigs with nibbles, and jigs with minnows. We did the best with jigs and nibbles. When we were in the Osage, we saw a large amount of bait fish and it didn’t look like anything was bothering them at all. By a “large amount” I mean there was a school every 20 feet or so and they kept coming and coming, probably for a couple hours while we moved around from tree to tree. In Clear Creek there was also several schools of bait fish, but the white bass was after them and we caught a few, but only one worth keeping.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin, you probably went past me. I was in a black alumaweld. Fished the same areas, but bite was light, and most hit on the fall. If you didn't watch your line you missed most of the bites. I fish stumps and brushpiles, but kept moving, didn't stay on a single tree more than five minutes. We cover about 30 miles a trip, smiliar to what you were doing, but if not catching keepers we were moving. Usually works for me. Blue and white and chartruse jig was the better color jig for us, with a minnow tipping the 1/16 oz jighead. We used fathead minnows. When we fished clear creek there was three boats at the mouth of the creek. Good luck and keep trying, Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Stray, let me cut some B.S. for you, right now minnows probably your best bait. If you stay in the lower grand, tebo, or lower osage fish are deeper in the cleaner water. The more dingy the water the shallower the fish. For a good report check out
    http://www.sterettcreek.com/fishing.htm ................good luck.