Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Spawning Temperature

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Spawning Temperature

Does anyone know about what water temperature do bass start spawning? My dad's been wanting to know, and I don't have a clue.
    thanks!
    J

Post Thanks / Like

60-65 but some will spawn sooner. Some say it has a lot to do with the moon phase
    and i thank that to.

Post Thanks / Like

60 -65
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass

dont worry about the temp, they are active from about the second week in feb on.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgriHawg View Post
    Does anyone know about what water temperature do bass start spawning? My dad's been wanting to know, and I don't have a clue.
    thanks!
    HERE IS WHAT'S GOING ON ON LK WYLIE SC, TEMPS @62 MORN @68 EVENING, FISH ARE ON THE BANK EVERYWHERE, HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT VERY AGRESSIVE YET, AND NO SMALL FRY PRESENT, THIS , PLUS FISHING @4+ DAYS A WEEK TELLS ME THEY HAVE JUST MOVED UP AND HAVE NOT YET LAID, THERE ARE ALOT OF EMPTY BEDS, BUT NO SMALL FRY VISIBLE, I PERSONALLY THINK THEY MOVED UP AND STARTED, BUT IT GOT COLD ,WATER TEMPS DROPED TO @58-60 AND THEY PULLED OUT TILL TEMPS GOT BACK UP @ 63+, SOME WILL ARGUE THIS AND IT'S JUST MY PERSONAL OPIN., PLUS WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED.HOPE THIS HELPS.....MARK
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    when YOU don't succeed....................TRY JESUS !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

gutbucket you are dead on i agree.i also take into consideration that late spawners bed in deeper water thus surface temps are not real reliable in the deeper water.i know many will disagree but i can live with that at weigh-in time.

Post Thanks / Like

These Were Caught On Wylie Today, Water Temp 66-69 Degrees In N0 M0re Than A 1.5 Feet Of Water, Water Was Stained And Fish Not Visible, Tails Were Slightly Worn And Bloody
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    when YOU don't succeed....................TRY JESUS !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

very nice fish.those dont come to often in indiana.

Post Thanks / Like

dang, gutbucket didnt mean to offend ya show me some more of them southern sows.are they done spawnin? i have not even been out in boat yet i manage my sons baseball team.but i imagine the bass here are about ready to pop.water here stays stained so i am not an experienced bed fishermen, im deadly on post spawn bass on the other hand.i mentioned deeper water cause i pulled 5 pounder off a stumpfield in 6 foot of water surrounded by 30 ft of water that was on bed. surface temp was 70 degrees.this was a few years back.what do you think a fluke maybe?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I've always heard ....

... that Bass spawn "after" the Crappie have spawned ... preferring warmer water than Crappie.

Here's what the TWRA has to say about it : Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - Fish Spawning Temperatures

The KDFWR says spawning "activity" begins when temps are in the 62-65deg range (and stable).

From what I've read ... it seems that spawning temps are dependant upon area of the country --- with northern fish spawning in slightly cooler water, than the more southern fish.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast