Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Hawthorne

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Hawthorne

Went over and fished Hawthorne last week. Caught about 75 crappie but all of them between 6-9". The action was good but the size was questionable. All fish caught on tubes/minnows and pink was best color. Would be a great place to take a child fishing. Tried a little bass fishing too but got blanked throwing texas rigged worms in the trees and crankbaits along the dam.

Going to try Belva Deer this week. Has anyone been to this lake? I have never been there before but hearing good things about it.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

John, belva deer holds some nice gills. Haven't fished it but twice during hardwater. Smacked em good off the SW ramp. It's just too bad there isn't much cover in that lake! :D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was very difficult to find good structure in the lake. Put in at same ramp and saw fish all over on the locator. Fished during the hottest part of day and only caught two bass. Also, went over and fished Keomah but could hardly get boat in the water off the dock as the milfoil was so bad. Could not even buy a bite there even though the fish were all concentrated in the usual spot.

Going to try Volga this week. Anyone fish there yet this year?

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing pal and I went to this lake Sunday 8-21 with decent results. We boated just over 40 in 2 1/2 hours. No real size to them though. 7 -9 inchers .