Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Browning Fishing Midas Boron Spinning Rod 7' UL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Browning Fishing Midas Boron Spinning Rod 7' UL

Does any use or have tried the Browning Fishing Midas Boron Spinning Rod 7' UL?

I am looking for a good UL casting rod. Want to be able to cast 1/32 oz jigs and would like a light weight rod with a cork handle.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default ul rod

shimano makes anice ultra light rod w/ cork handle that sells for 30$ at acadamey,berckley cherry wood is nice too
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried that particular rod but I used to have a boron rod. The best I can remember it is no where near as light as the new IM-7 or 8 graphite poles. I recently bought a Wally Marshall 7 ft Ul, rated 1/64 - 1/4. However it has a foam handle. I wanted it because it is 1 piece. Unfortunately due to physical problems I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Also check out the BnM SP65G. Its only 6.5 ft but has cork handle and casts like a dream.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I've never tried that particular rod but I used to have a boron rod. The best I can remember it is no where near as light as the new IM-7 or 8 graphite poles. I recently bought a Wally Marshall 7 ft Ul, rated 1/64 - 1/4. However it has a foam handle. I wanted it because it is 1 piece. Unfortunately due to physical problems I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Also check out the BnM SP65G. Its only 6.5 ft but has cork handle and casts like a dream.
    Bill that will be the rod I end up buying more than likely because of the price. I will go with the 8' rod if I do go that line of rod for the 2 piece.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Browning a mont h or so ago. I realy like smooth reeling. and good casting range.