Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: if you were me at grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Default if you were me at grenada

fishing the 15th -18th grenada putting in at youngs landing, fished the river a few times but always within the banks, i imagine at 208 plus its not in the banks what would be your game plan tactics, colors etc let's see what the concensus is. thank you

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The wind is going to be a big factor!!! If calm, start slow trolling structure near channels. If windy, try to get in a cove that gives you some calm water. You should also have luck then dipping trees and man made structure (there's alot of it). Be careful of the wind! That is a dangerous lake when windy. We pulled an older fellow out of the water last March when the wind capsized his 14 foot jon boat. There is also alot of old concrete building structures that are just barely under water at times. There are huge slabs in that lake, you'll do alright if you take your time and stay aware.
    Last edited by Speck; 03-05-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

ok Im sick and am not just up to it today. could you re phrase looks like you caught 208 and are asking for help.

Post Thanks / Like

beagle, I think he's referring to the lake levels as I know they just got some rain and it's starting to fill back up. He may have meant to be in the Mississippi forum. I'm heading down there in April and looking to pull out some of them huge crappie, never been there but from what I hear and read it's one of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

begle is a little off track this day thanks

Post Thanks / Like

beagleman hope you get too feelin better, aint no count with the crud

Post Thanks / Like

According to the folks at Grenada the lake gets out of the river channel at youngs landing at 207.5'. With the water out of the channel it would be very interesting navigating towards the main lake. I will be at the lake the last week of March and hope the water level is down to about 202'. At that level we did good last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada

I think speckhunter is right, the wind will be a major factor being how the wind is in March on Grenada, it can be deadly.
    Getting out of the wind is hard to do on Grenada lake, if you can't and you just gotta fish anyway, go with the wind and drag heavy chains, or tie up to some trees, but what ever you do, wear your life jackets if the wind is bad.
    Do not go out on Grenada lake in a small boat if the wind is blowing.
    Good Luck...........crappie cowboy