Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shellcracker jig swap Warning!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shellcracker jig swap Warning!

Here in my corner of Missouri, I do not have much opportunity to fish for shellcrackers. Not sure how to make a shellcracker jig for the swap. My next post will have two pictures of my inventions. If you like, please pick one and let me know your choice. Highest vote count wins. Otherwise, read no further as you will ruin the surprise in the mail!!! Do I need to change colors? Give any advice please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default here's the pic

Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tntjigman View Post
    Here you go!
    What a tough choice tntjigman! Both great looking jigs.But if I had a choice it would be the MINNOW HEAD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

im going with the bottom one also

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good,both would do the job.I say the minnowhead.

Post Thanks / Like

Because you said shellcracker I gotta go with the bottom one minnow head, now if you had said Crappie it'd be the top one.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I like the minnow head for a couple reasons. Better looking body and better colors.

Only thing I can suggest on improving the top one would be to pack the chenille in tighter and to tie it in farther back or move the marabou tie in up the hook further. It looks too sparse to me.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my supplies in the mail today. Now I am behind the 8 ball here for this will be my first shot at tying jigs here. Will post a pic over weekend for some feedback not sure what it will look like but gonna give it a shot. perhaps I should have practiced awhile before getting in on a swap but I'll try not to disappoint anyone.

Look forward to the feedback for you guys are straight forward and sure dont like to sugar coat anything here and I really like that, straight to the point, no holds barred.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ties but I'm gonna be the bad guy & say those Mustad(?) points look kinda dull. Sickles & VMCs should be lots sharper.

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie in Missouri bite so hard they hook themselves!! No need for a sharp hook. If I made my picture smaller, you would not have seen the dull hook! You can sharpen yours to hook those wimpy shellcrackers. Sickles are on the way. I did not have any for 1/32 oz. Looks like I will go with the minnow head. I appreciate the input.... even if my hooks are dull. HA HA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast