Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie.com doesn't remember me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie.com doesn't remember me

Crappie.com doesn't remember me most of the time when I open it up, although it does some times... I have it check to remember me and I try and log out, but it misses me most of the time that I read the mail.. Am I missing something here, or maybe it's trying to tell me to just go away...
    Gerald K4NHN
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gcromer
    Crappie.com doesn't remember me most of the time when I open it up, although it does some times... I have it check to remember me and I try and log out, but it misses me most of the time that I read the mail.. Am I missing something here, or maybe it's trying to tell me to just go away...
    Gerald K4NHN
    Once you log in and hit the remember me button. Don't ever hit the log out again. Then every time you come back to the site youi will be automatically logged in. Hope that helps.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Gerald K4NHN
    Also gcromer;; If you delete files & cookies on your pc you may be deleting your sign in name each time you come back to the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Gerald:

Check your Internet Explorer Cookie's settings. Set them to the default settings and things should begin to work better.

Right click on the IE icon on the desktop then choose the properties settings. Check out the security and the privacy tabs and make sure that they are all set to the default settings. Hope you know what I am talking about. LOL If you have never done this before I or somebody will have to walk you though how to do this. It's not hard once you have done it a few times.

Set your popup blocker to medium or turn it off.

If you are not using the Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser 6.1 then forget everything I just said.

Gerald K4NHN
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the same problem. I've tried all the things listed above and just gave up, now I just log an first thing. Need to change my name to comptor dummy. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I never log out, and the site always recognizes me.

My privacy and security settings are medium
    I do not clear tempeorary internet files everyday.
    I save 5 days of history. If you visit the site less frequently than the days you save in history, does that affect recognition?
    I do use an virus scanner and email scanner that stays active all the time. a free one. http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 I do use a pop up blocker, again a free one.
    I do not delete cookies.
    Last edited by whizkids; 07-16-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I never log out either and crappie.com always knows me as well. I can, though, go in and wipe out all my cookies and when I do that then I have to log in again not only to crappie.com but everything else as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnbuddy
    I never log out either and crappie.com always knows me as well. I can, though, go in and wipe out all my cookies and when I do that then I have to log in again not only to crappie.com but everything else as well.
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

I've quite logging out now and it remembers me all the time now.
    Thanks guys.
    Gerald
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC