Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fisherman for Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fisherman for Georgia

I fish for Crappie in Georgia. Mostly trolling. My wife and I have been considering a vacation spot for this summer (June or July) and we have given some thought about going back to New York and staying somewhere in the area of middle or western NY. Should our plans work out, what are the chances of hooking up with one of you for a day on a lake? Crappie? Walleye? Or whatever is best for that time of year?

Anyone who might be willing to put up with a southerner for the day send me a private message. Where are you located? What do you suggest? What would be the cost?

I guess you would say this a "fishing" message.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Central and western New York are the best parts of the state. I would think Salmon fishing on Lake Ontario would be your best bet, to catch fish. June is traditionally a little slower than July. You also have the Finger Lakes which are sweet, but I have never fished them. Sorry i dont own a boat to extend an invatation. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I am just looking for ways to make vacation a little more interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much all of our lakes and streams in Central and Western NY have decent fishing. While I can't take you, I can at least point you to waters I know of, based on where you're planning to stay and how far from "base-camp" you want to travel.