Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get to know the Crappie.com gang

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Get to know the Crappie.com gang

On a hunting forum that I get on there is a thread that we have made a sticky out of it. It ask everyone to answer a series of questions so that everyone will know a little about each other. I will get it started. Don't be shy post up.

Hometown: Dyersburg, Tn
    How many years have you been crappie fishing? 31
    Favorite memory crappie fishing I have many good memories of my granddad teaching me how to fish, but my favorite has to be winning a tourney at Reelfoot fishing with my son.
    What kind of boat do you have? 20 ft custom built GatorTrax 115 Yam 4 stroke
    Favorite trolling pole: Wally Marshall Titeline edition
    Favorite Jig pole BnM 10ft graphite
    Favorite casting pole Wally Marshall
    Favorite Reel Mitchell
    Favorite bait Minnow slow trolling and Bandits or Roadrunners fast trolling
    Favorite JigTeezur
    Favorite way to fish titeline 1 pole
    Biggest Crappie you have caught 2 LB 15 ozs two of them, same day,15 minutes apart. I bet I weighed them 12 times trying to make one of them a 3 lber
    Favorite snack to take fishing Viennas & crackers
    Favorite lake This is a tough one, but if I have to pick it would be Kentucky Lake
    The person that got you started crappie fishing
    I was very lucky. Both of my granddads took me weekly starting when I was about 5 yrs old. I will never forget those days and what I learned.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is possible to do but I think it would be a neat idea for us to have this in the profile information that we fill out when we log on. It would be optional of course but those that want to supply the information could do that in their profile. That way you can see it anytime you look at someones profile online by going to the members list and looking their name up.

Quote Originally Posted by BANDIT
    On a hunting forum that I get on there is a thread that we have made a sticky out of it. It ask everyone to answer a series of questions so that everyone will know a little about each other. I will get it started. Don't be shy post up.

Hometown: Dyersburg, Tn
    How many years have you been crappie fishing? 31
    Favorite memory crappie fishing I have many good memories of my granddad teaching me how to fish, but my favorite has to be winning a tourney at Reelfoot fishing with my son.
    What kind of boat do you have? 20 ft custom built GatorTrax 115 Yam 4 stroke
    Favorite trolling pole: Wally Marshall Titeline edition
    Favorite Jig pole BnM 10ft graphite
    Favorite casting pole Wally Marshall
    Favorite Reel Mitchell
    Favorite bait Minnow slow trolling and Bandits or Roadrunners fast trolling
    Favorite JigTeezur
    Biggest Crappie you have caught 2 LB 15 ozs two of them, same day,15 minutes apart. I bet I weighed them 12 times trying to make one of them a 3 lber
    Favorite snack to take fishing Viennas & crackers
    Favorite lake This is a tough one, but if I have to pick it would be Kentucky Lake
    I was very lucky. Both of my granddads took me weekly starting when I was about 5 yrs old. I will never forget those days and what I learned.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hometown: Cadiz, Kentucky
    How many years have you been crappie fishing? 45
    Favorite memory crappie fishing: Fishing with my dad and grandfather. Fishing a crappie tournament with a motor that would run only in reverse and still catching 18 lbs of fish. Plus the looks we got crossing BArkley Lake in reverse. What kind of boat do you have? 14'11" jon that is 54 inches across the bottom with 25 evinrude on the back
    Favorite trolling pole: i use dolphin 10',12', and 14' telescopic pole Favorite Jig pole : the afore mentioned 10'
    Favorite casting pole: Browning 7' ultralight
    Favorite Reel :Shimano spinning Favorite bait: I don't discriminate, the one that is catching the fish
    Favorite Jig: 1/32oz chartreuse twister tail
    Favorite way to fish :jig casting on deep water rocky points with 1/32oz jigs
    Biggest Crappie : I have caught 3 three pounders; one 3-14, one3-8. and one 3-2 , Favorite snack : Sardines and pork rinds
    Favorite lake: Barkley and Kentucky
    The person that got you started crappie fishing: My dad and my grandfather

Post Thanks / Like

Default OK...I'll bite

AGE?...You would ask! 61
    HOMETOWN?...Shreveport, LA
    YEARS FISHING CRAPPIE?...Since 5yrs old
    FAVORITE CRAPPIE FISHING MEMORY?...Caught a 3lb 1 oz slab
    WHAT KIND OF BOAT?...16 FT Monarch, designed interior, built and carpeted myself...on the 3rd rebuild, 23 yrs old, 45 horse.
    FAVORITE TROLLING POLE?...12 ft. BnM, 9 ft composite
    FAVORITE CASTING POLE?...5 1/2 Browning UL
    FAVORITE REEL?...Shimano
    FAVOITE BAIT?...Rosie Red minnows
    FAVORITE JIG?...1/32 / 1/16 oz. black & chartruce or whatever they're hitting
    FAVORITE WAY TO FISH?...Jigging thick brush
    BIGGEST CRAPPIE CAUGHT?...3 lb. 1 oz.
    FAVORITE FISHING SNACK?...Libbies brand viennas w/ sharp cheddar
    FAVORITE LAKE?...Wherever I can catch'em!
    PERSON THAT GOT ME STARTED FISHING?...Grandfather and Father...God bless them!

Post Thanks / Like

Hometown: Paris, Tn
    How many years have you been crappie fishing? 13
    Favorite memory crappie fishing I was fishing with David Summers, (the owner of TeeZur Jigs) I got hung up and I just reached down, snapped my line, and started putting on another jig. He looked at me and said you didn't even try to get it unhung. I told him not to worry about it because I got all my jigs for free. I won't print the names he called me. lol
    What kind of boat do you have? 20 ft Sea Ark with a 150 Johnson.
    Favorite trolling pole: Crappie Wizard Poles.
    Favorite Jig pole The new Crappie Wizard Russ Bailey pole.
    Favorite casting pole 7.5 foot Crappie Wizard pole.
    Favorite Reel Mitchell
    Favorite bait TeeZur Jig tipped with a crappie nibble.
    Favorite Jig Teezur
    Favorite way to fish Spider rigging
    Biggest Crappie you have caught 3.5 pound in February on Kentucky Lake.
    Favorite snack to take fishing Jerky
    Favorite lake Kentucky Lake
    The person that got you started crappie fishing It was really by mistake. My wife and I were going catfishing and had motor trouble. We had to use the trolling motor to get to the other side of the lake. We had some double minnow rigs, so we put them out while trolling across the lake. We caught two limits of crappie by the time we got back to the truck.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow my bio ...

Hometown: Lexington, Ky
    How many years have you been crappie fishing?: 40+
    Favorite memory crappie fishing: two buddies & I limiting out on 2lb'rs for 2days in a row on Barkley - winning a Spring Fling tourney at Watts Bar - all the fishing "adventures" I went on with my late fishing buddy - all the fishing trips I went on with my Crappie fishing Mentors .. My Grandparents
    What kind of boat do you have?: currently - none
    Favorite trolling pole: 6.5ft Shimano Compre rod/Shimano B100Mag baitcaster
    Favorite Jigging pole: n/a (I "vertical cast" with my casting pole)
    Favorite casting pole: Sam Heaton Sig Series 7ft/Mitchell Spidercast spinning
    Favorite Reel: Shimano Spirex 2000/Mitchell Spidercast
    Favorite bait: weedless jighead/tube jig body
    Favorite Jig: Roadrunner
    Favorite way to fish: casting jigs, shooting docks
    Biggest Crappie you have caught: 2.8lbs - Lake Barkley
    Favorite snack to take fishing: Ham/Colby cheese sammich
    Favorite lake: Watts Bar (Tn) / Barkley Lake (Ky) / Weiss Lake (Ala)
    The person that got you started crappie fishing: Grandparents

Post Thanks / Like

Age-50 Hometown-Byrdstown,Tn How many years have you crappie fished-5 Favorite crappie fishing memory-My son catching a 3 lb 10 oz crappie What kind of boat do you have-A18 ft Polarcraft Favorite trolling pole--Wally Marshall Favorite jig pole-& ft w.marshall lite Favorite casting pole-6.5 ft wally marshall signature series Favorite reel-Shimano Favorite bait-jigs Favorite way to fish-Horizonal jigging Biggest crappie-3lbs[2] Favorite snack to take-i usually dont Favorite lake-Dale Hollow Person who got you started-My boys and i,bass fishing an caught several crappie[now bass fishin is about history]
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Moose on this. It would be easier to reference if the User CP area were expanded so that more information could be provided for those willing to share it.

Hometown: Drexel NC
    How many years have you been crappie fishing? Off and on for 55 years. Specifically for crappie 2 years.
    Favorite memory crappie fishing We weren't really crappie fishing but were trot lining for catfish. I was ten or twelve at the time and we had a small wooden boat and my day, his two brothers and myself were in the boat. The water was really clear and you could see the big slab side way before we got to it. One of my uncles got so excited that he almost capzized the boat as he fell in trying to get to it. It was in a river s he just swam to the bank.
    What kind of boat do you have? 17 ft. Sprint, 150 Evinrude
    Favorite trolling pole: Wally Marshall Universal edition
    Favorite Jig pole none
    Favorite casting pole Wally Marshall 5'6 and 6'6.
    Favorite Reel speed trolling Mitchell 308X, casting Wally Marshall crappie, slow trolling Ambassadeur 5000
    Favorite bait Speed trolling - jig with plastic Slow trolling - minnow Casting - jig and lil fishee
    Favorite Jig one with an oversized hook
    Favorite way to fish double jig speed trolling
    Biggest Crappie you have caught 2-1/2 lbs.
    Favorite snack to take fishing little Debbie cakes
    Favorite lake really don't have one.
    My dad got me started fishing. Some of my first memories are of fishing. It was almost a daily activity to put meat on the table. Crappie fishing was just another species one could catch at certain times.

Post Thanks / Like

Hometown: Toledo Bend Lake near Hemphill, TX.
    How many years have you been crappie fishing?:over 50 years, but was mainly Bass fishermen until I body made me give it up along with my bass boat for my pontoon. I Also had an 11 year break when I moved to near Corpus Christy and fished for trout and redfish mostly on the flats (I have to admit them reds are some great fun).
    Favorite memory crappie fishing: Comes from when I was a Bass Guide back in the late 70's. I got to break my wife into fishing (bass first), but then I started trolling with my troll motor with clients that wanted crappie. Once I got that down taking my wife and being able to catch +- 70 a hour with many being 12"+. Now I have one son living 2 blocks from me and after he went on my pontoon, 2 weeks later he bought one and now he and his wife are devoted crappie fisherman.
    What kind of boat do you have?:G3 18' Pontoon with 75-4 stroke Yammer. I like the way the shorter pontoons handle plus I didn't want any more furniture than necessary.
    Favorite trolling pole:7' St. Croix Avid Spinning Rod and use 10' B&M trolling some too.
    Favorite Jigging pole:7' St. Croix Avid Spinning Rod
    Favorite casting pole: Ditto, but also like Castaway,XML Cabela's from a few years back and Falcon
    Favorite Reel: Shimano Sustain 1000/2000 also the Shimano Areo
    Favorite bait:1/32 oz.Roadrunner trolled with troll motor.
    Favorite Jig: Roadrunner, but really like tubes also.
    Favorite way to fish:Trolling with troll motor except in summer then minnows over brush. I also like night fishing.
    Biggest Crappie you have caught: 2.9lbs for the wife and 2.7 for me - Toledo Bend
    Favorite snack to take fishing:Cheese crackers
    Favorite lake: Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn (Big Sam is only about 35 miles from me.
    The person that got you started crappie fishing: Dad

Note: When wife got that biggest one on we were trolling in the spring and she told me she was hung up. Not until I turned around did she realize that it was a fish, LOL!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hometown: Oliver, Alabama
    How many years have you been crappie fishing? Serious fishing for 4 years
    Favorite memory crappie fishing: Fishing with a good friend who took his own life 1 1/2 years ago
    What kind of boat do you have? 16 Ft. Almnucraft with 40 hp Merc Classic
    Favorite trolling pole: Cheap Walmart rods is all I have
    Favorite Jig pole BnM 14 ft Cadillac Combo
    Favorite casting pole: Cheap Walmart poles
    Favorite Reel: Zebco 33
    Favorite bait: minnows
    Favorite Jig: Panfish assasin
    Biggest Crappie you have caught 2 lbs
    Favorite snack to take fishing: Beer
    Favorite lake: Wheeler Lake in North Alabama
    The person that got you started crappie fishing: My friend above