Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Johnson Touch Trim Problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnson Touch Trim Problem?

Need to talk to someone with experience with touch trim system. My motor has set up a while and now I cannot raise the motor . I try to lift the motor and I cannot as the ram meets pressure resistance. Sounds like a value is stuck. Would appreciate any comments. thanks\

Post Thanks / Like

i think there is a screw somewhere near the plunger that releases the pressure. my buddy's trim stuck last year on his 40 johnson and he turned the screw and it released.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skintback View Post
    i think there is a screw somewhere near the plunger that releases the pressure. my buddy's trim stuck last year on his 40 johnson and he turned the screw and it released.
    Like he said it should have a manual release valve on it somewhere. It we be somewhere around the bottom of the trim cylinder...

Post Thanks / Like

When engaged, does it sound like it is trying to raise? If it doesn't make any sound at all, then you've probably got a bad relay. I just had replace a relay on my 150 Johnson because the motor would not raise.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked the fluid level?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

if it is a touch trim system, none of the above suggestions will work. it is a lift assist setup and not repairable. just replaced mine with power tilt and trim.