Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: panfish or bass assassin

Post Thanks / Like

Default panfish or bass assassin

I have been ordering some jigs on line and was trying to find a site where I could purchase panfish or bass assasin jigs online at a good price, and in bulk if possible. I have found some sites who carry them but not really any cheaper than buying the at the store. I even checked the bass assassin website and it seems as if its about the same as wal-mart. I wonder if walmart gets them in bulk at a cheaper rate. Does anyone know what site i can order them cheaper and possibly in bulk?

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried the FIN-S baits by lunkercity? they look the same but are less expensive. i have been using them for awhile now. they work great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish5 View Post
    have you tried the FIN-S baits by lunkercity? they look the same but are less expensive. i have been using them for awhile now. they work great.
    Fin-S are great soft plastics. Used to use a ton of them fishing saltwater. The do well on a jig head, and have good colors.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with big fish5 the fin-s baits are great i use ice # 132 had lot of sucess on these to me they,re better than assains (jmho).:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the fin-s baits before. I had tremendous success with them in a few areas, but one area in general i dont great with them. I do plan on ordering them also. however the crappie in alot of the places i fish are so picky that the slightest little difference can be the difference in catching 50 fish or 0 to 2 or 3 fish. So the assassin is about all i do well on in some areas. have tried the fin-s in the same area nd had little success. So it depends on alot of things. So I would still like to find a good site to find assassins for a good price. You guys are right though, the fin-s is a good bait and I will definately be ordering them too. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have to add to the confusion with a new excellent series of baits. Gary Yamamato, the maker of the famous Senko's now makes crappie baits, and they look like real winners, particularly the panfish assassin knockoffs.

ICAST 2008 Yamamoto Crappie and Panfish lures

Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits - YamaMinnow

Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits - Yama Tubes

GYCB - Search
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

GRIZZ, thanks for that add, those yama tubes however are not much different at all from the southern pro tubes and the yama tubes are 3 bucks for 15count. I can get the southern pro for $1.99 for 50 count. However I do like the ika that is shown on there. I think its a little too big but thought about ordering some and trimming them up a little bit. Thanks to the link you gave I also like the northland slurpies that came up on the bass pro site. I dont recall seeing those before and I will be buying some of those also. Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

That's true the tubes are nothing special,but those yamaminnows are and the grubs look good too. For those of you who have never used Yamamoto baits, their quality, durability and colors are typically one step above the rest.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I have been ordering some jigs on line and was trying to find a site where I could purchase panfish or bass assasin jigs online at a good price, and in bulk if possible. I have found some sites who carry them but not really any cheaper than buying the at the store. I even checked the bass assassin website and it seems as if its about the same as wal-mart. I wonder if walmart gets them in bulk at a cheaper rate. Does anyone know what site i can order them cheaper and possibly in bulk?
    You probably won't find them cheaper than you will at Wal-mart,
    but I will give you two other places you can purchase them.
    Barlow's, FISHING TACKLE for bass fishing, crappie, walleye, trout.Fishing lures, fishing hooks, lead molds. BARLOWS FISHING TACKLE.
    Giizzly Jig Co. Grizzly Jig Company - Nations #1 Crappie Store
    Billy Deuce

Fried Crappie.... "The real thing".

Post Thanks / Like

Great sites guys but I just may go broke LOL, I got away with the hooks and the powder paint I don't think I'll pull this one off.

Fatman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast