Post Thanks / Like

Default u guys with dual front seats

going to convert my boat over to side by side front seats
    what measurement do you have between your pegs
    thanks
    al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

i have three pedestal mounts on the front of my boat. one in the center and two more on either side of the center one so two can set side by side. the distance tween the two outside mounts is 28 inches, center to center.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Check with this guy before you buy!

His name is Patrick Vowell, and he is a member here on this board. You give him the measurements you want, and he will build it. Quality stuff!!

Custom Made Seat Adapters

Full baskets to ya, and tell him that I said Hi!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

i have the above item and love it....... one thing i would do though is get some cheaper pedestals and cut em down shorter to where ya feel more comfortable.... somethin like 7 or 8 inches

suey

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dual seats

I Just Bought A New Lowe -170 Wv- Set Up At Factory To Crappie Fish,came With Dual Seat Positions That Are 33' Apart
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

How wide is your boat where the dual seats are located. Ie. how much room do you have between your seats and the sides of the boat and a water bath? LOL

My Fishermarine is not very wide at all. I think it's less than 60" wide up where the front seat is mounted. unless I make it a bench seat I fear that I or the other person may fall overboard if we lean too far to one side at the same time. My boat lists to starboard about 5 deg anyway due to the live well being on the starboard side of my boat. The stain from the water is visible on the sides of my boat and you can tell the water stains goes up higher on the starboard side than on the port side of my boat. The starboard side sits deeper in the water.

I would love to have a bigger boat with a dual seat setup.

When fishing with someone the guy up front normally (Not always) gets to fish the brush pile first. And if the guy up front is spider rigging and has 6 rods out front they will most likely catch most of the fish. Especially if the fish are scattered and there are only one or two fish per each brush pile. The guy in the back of the boat is in a poor position to catch many fish.

Now if the boat driver backs up into each brush pile then the guy in the back will catch most of the fish. But how often do you fish with someone that will back up into a brush pile to give you first shot at the fish? I have had some guys do that for me and I was grateful that they were thinking about me in the back of the boat. But it's hard to remember to do that and even harder to back the boat up like that. If the brush piles are really big then it won't matter too much as both guys may be able to catch some fish. But once you catch the first fish out of a small brush pile and disturb the area by stopping the troll and reeling in the fish the other fish may be spooked by then. Especially if the fish are not in an agressive mood or are spooked easily.

Now if you are side pulling like Mr Gant does on Pickwick Lake then it won't matter too much who is in the front or back of the boat. Unless the fish are along the bottom of a drop and the guy on one end of the boat is over that drop area and the other guy is up on top of the drop fishing in shallower water. But you would need a long boat and a very sharp drop off for this to occur.

But with the dual seats up front both partners will have a good shot at catching those scattered lone fish in the brush pile. Espeically when you are moving along and running all over the lake hitting different spots for a few minutes at each spot before running to the next spot. ie slow trolling by spider rigging when you hit each brush pile.

Now if you are anchored and able to cast then both guys should have a good chance at catching some fish.

I know when I take someone out in my boat I normally will have first shot at the fish before the guy in the back does when I am moving along the bank. This happenes when casthing for bass or slow trolling for crappie. The last time I took out two guys in my boat we anchored and used slip bobbers to cast to the crappie. I made sure that my fishing buddies caught fish that day. I put them in the back of the boat and anchored so that the back of the boat was closest to the beaver lodge where the crappie were hanging out that afternoon. We anchored due to the high wests winds that were gusting over 20 mph that day. My 50lb thrust New Minn_Kota All Terrain Trolling motor would not even make any headway against that wind until later that evening when the winds died down. We were lucky to find the beaver lodge and find fish there. We talked to a guy that had fished that spot earlier and told us where it was. It was our first time fishing this lake and I didn't know it very well. But after seeing a 14" long White Crappie that the guy gave to me I was not going to miss fishing this spot. We were shown and give the fish at one pit and told that he caught the fish at this other pit. So we packed up and headed to the other pit and that is how we caught our fish that day. Steve was the one catching most of the fish. Kevin caught some too. And of course I caught a few from the front of the boat by casting to the back with my ultralight spinning rod and reel and a slip bobber and jig setup. We used crappie nibbles that day and they worked well. We didn't get any really big crappie though. The guy that caught the 14" long white crappie used a crank bait and he was bass fishing. I have had several guys give me big crappie that they didn't want as they were after bass only. They didn't want to clean the fish. I normally took the big ones home and stuck them in to my aquarium for a while. It's harder to keep the larger fish alive in my small aquarium.

I had a 12" fish that I caught myself just last week die on me today. He got a bacterial infection and his tail was bloody this morning.

I keep my aquarium water at a pH of 7.0 or close to that. The water that this crappie came out of has a pH of 8.5 or so. So the 1.5 pH difference was enought to stress this fish and cause him or her to get the bacterial infection. None of the other fish seem to be effected. The Patoka Lake crappie that I bring home and put in the aquarium seem to do much better than the strip pit crappie. But the strip pit crappie are not as healthy as the Patoka Lake Crappie. They are much skinner and underfed than the Patoka Lake ones

And besides it's more fun when you can sit in the dual seats and not have to turn around to talk to your partner in the back of the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    I Just Bought A New Lowe -170 Wv- Set Up At Factory To Crappie Fish,came With Dual Seat Positions That Are 33' Apart
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Being able to whisper sounds very nice when fishing with the miss's. Sometimes I want those motor bike helmets with the speakers and microphones in. I wonder if you could build a 2 way radio into a fishing pole. Sounds like a usefull invention.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the dual seat thing. But I hate to let anyone else catch fish! :D I have been trying to figure out how I want to rig the front of my boat. Kinda tired of drilling holes in the hull.

Looking at the pic, I am thinking it would be good to run something (wood or aluminum bar stock) out from each side towards the front. Maybe bolted to each end and have a treaded hole/holes to mount a t-bar.

Have any ideas?

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    How wide is your boat where the dual seats are located. Ie. how much room do you have between your seats and the sides of the boat and a water bath? LOL

My Fishermarine is not very wide at all. I think it's less than 60" wide up where the front seat is mounted. unless I make it a bench seat I fear that I or the other person may fall overboard if we lean too far to one side at the same time. My boat lists to starboard about 5 deg anyway due to the live well being on the starboard side of my boat. The stain from the water is visible on the sides of my boat and you can tell the water stains goes up higher on the starboard side than on the port side of my boat. The starboard side sits deeper in the water.

I would love to have a bigger boat with a dual seat setup.

When fishing with someone the guy up front normally (Not always) gets to fish the brush pile first. And if the guy up front is spider rigging and has 6 rods out front they will most likely catch most of the fish. Especially if the fish are scattered and there are only one or two fish per each brush pile. The guy in the back of the boat is in a poor position to catch many fish.

Now if the boat driver backs up into each brush pile then the guy in the back will catch most of the fish. But how often do you fish with someone that will back up into a brush pile to give you first shot at the fish? I have had some guys do that for me and I was grateful that they were thinking about me in the back of the boat. But it's hard to remember to do that and even harder to back the boat up like that. If the brush piles are really big then it won't matter too much as both guys may be able to catch some fish. But once you catch the first fish out of a small brush pile and disturb the area by stopping the troll and reeling in the fish the other fish may be spooked by then. Especially if the fish are not in an agressive mood or are spooked easily.

Now if you are side pulling like Mr Gant does on Pickwick Lake then it won't matter too much who is in the front or back of the boat. Unless the fish are along the bottom of a drop and the guy on one end of the boat is over that drop area and the other guy is up on top of the drop fishing in shallower water. But you would need a long boat and a very sharp drop off for this to occur.

But with the dual seats up front both partners will have a good shot at catching those scattered lone fish in the brush pile. Espeically when you are moving along and running all over the lake hitting different spots for a few minutes at each spot before running to the next spot. ie slow trolling by spider rigging when you hit each brush pile.

Now if you are anchored and able to cast then both guys should have a good chance at catching some fish.

I know when I take someone out in my boat I normally will have first shot at the fish before the guy in the back does when I am moving along the bank. This happenes when casthing for bass or slow trolling for crappie. The last time I took out two guys in my boat we anchored and used slip bobbers to cast to the crappie. I made sure that my fishing buddies caught fish that day. I put them in the back of the boat and anchored so that the back of the boat was closest to the beaver lodge where the crappie were hanging out that afternoon. We anchored due to the high wests winds that were gusting over 20 mph that day. My 50lb thrust New Minn_Kota All Terrain Trolling motor would not even make any headway against that wind until later that evening when the winds died down. We were lucky to find the beaver lodge and find fish there. We talked to a guy that had fished that spot earlier and told us where it was. It was our first time fishing this lake and I didn't know it very well. But after seeing a 14" long White Crappie that the guy gave to me I was not going to miss fishing this spot. We were shown and give the fish at one pit and told that he caught the fish at this other pit. So we packed up and headed to the other pit and that is how we caught our fish that day. Steve was the one catching most of the fish. Kevin caught some too. And of course I caught a few from the front of the boat by casting to the back with my ultralight spinning rod and reel and a slip bobber and jig setup. We used crappie nibbles that day and they worked well. We didn't get any really big crappie though. The guy that caught the 14" long white crappie used a crank bait and he was bass fishing. I have had several guys give me big crappie that they didn't want as they were after bass only. They didn't want to clean the fish. I normally took the big ones home and stuck them in to my aquarium for a while. It's harder to keep the larger fish alive in my small aquarium.

I had a 12" fish that I caught myself just last week die on me today. He got a bacterial infection and his tail was bloody this morning.

I keep my aquarium water at a pH of 7.0 or close to that. The water that this crappie came out of has a pH of 8.5 or so. So the 1.5 pH difference was enought to stress this fish and cause him or her to get the bacterial infection. None of the other fish seem to be effected. The Patoka Lake crappie that I bring home and put in the aquarium seem to do much better than the strip pit crappie. But the strip pit crappie are not as healthy as the Patoka Lake Crappie. They are much skinner and underfed than the Patoka Lake ones

And besides it's more fun when you can sit in the dual seats and not have to turn around to talk to your partner in the back of the boat.
    the boat is 70" wide at the seats -- the seats are inside the boat enough that I don,t feel uncomfortable { have,nt been sitting there in real rough water]--my wife fishs with me and neither one of us are large ie[fat]lol--only had the boat 6 wks. and enjoy the smooth ride---it is 88" wide and 17 ft.long

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dual seats

the boat is 70" wide at the seats--- the seats are inside the boatenough so I don,t feel uncomortable---have not had it in rough water---my wife is my fishin partner and we are both small so there is plenty of room---the beam is 88" and the length is 17 ft.---it appears to be a good crappie set up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast