Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Crappie Line Threads = US Stimulus Package

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Best Crappie Line Threads = US Stimulus Package

Tell big brother to halt all the stimulus packages, just have America to read Crappie.com posts on what's the best item to buy.

After I got bummed with my Taiwan Mr. Crappie line, I started reading all the "best line" threads on what I should replace it with. That's when all the confusion really set in. So what to do? I just ordered some of perty much everything everybody recommended. I have all sorts of monos, copolymers, gammas, prolines, sufixes, golds, greens, chartreuses, and tangerines coming. Surely one or all of them has got to be the perfect line.?!

I am so gullible,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

i have boxes full of perfectly good fishing line but i too am stimulating the economy. i have ordered several new lines to try. if they would just go back to the good ole' line mr.crappie used to make. i could leave it all in the box . lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by splitshot View Post
    I started reading all the "best line" threads

That's the equivalent of reading "Gone with the Wind", "War and Peace", and the Bible. Must have taken you a solid month.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

same here....I got miles and miles of Mr. Crappie, Cabelas Hi-Vis...Power Pro...Stren...Shakesphere...Suffix..and thinking hard about the gamma line.

Post Thanks / Like

I figure I can put 3 rocks in a coffee can, paint the can chartreuse, label it "super-sonic" fish attractor, tie 6' of rope to the can and put a price of $24.95 on it ($19.95 if you mention Crappie.com).

I'll use any profits to pay for all the stuff I bought from advice and links on Crappie.com.

As my old man says "getting ready to go" is half the fun, but dang y'all make me spend some money

I'll report how all the new lines perform after this weekend, but now I must excuse myself to start reading all the old posts about the best slipcork to use,,,,?

Post Thanks / Like

I am still look for the "ultimate fishing line" but until I find it I always go back to my Trilene XL. It's not expensive and I like everything about it.
    Give it a try while you're looking around.

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently switched to 6# hi-vis Vicious Panfish line and cant say enough about it. Little to no memory, strong, smooth as silk, and very sensative.
    I live for the thump!

Post Thanks / Like

slab: I likes the trilene too. Still have some of the old solar mint ironsilk I'm using.

fa2: Vicious is the only one I haven't bought,,,yet. It is on my list, it's from the US and has "Advanced Copolymer Technology"!! Just sounds like a winner to me!

dbd: Yes, it was a long read, but not half as exciting as the last self-help book I read titled "Community Organizing for Dummies" :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Feedback on the lines I bought this week after fishing two days and two livewells full of good sized crappies,,,,,,

Gamma 4lb Hi-vis gold= softest, limpest line I ever used. Strong, visibility was average, very good casting line, probably a great line for underspin reels. However, I do very little casting,,,

Cabelas Proline HiVis 6 and 8 lb= Visibility fair, worked about like the old mr crappie usa line.

Sufix Seige Tangerine 8 lb= Definitely my favorite. I mainly spider rig with baitcasters and I'm a line watcher. This is the most visible line I've ever used and it's mighty perty to look at. I also caught more fishies with the tangerine line than I did with the other two combined, same jigs used. I had a bad Sufix experience in the past, but this line is nice!

Post Thanks / Like

I use dental floss. Hi vis green and that minty fresh taste really brings them in. It really gets into the cracks and places in my stake beds that regular fishing just can't reach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast