Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jerry Blake---Thanks

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry Blake---Thanks

for helping my buddy(Jimmy Cochran) at Lake Fork with his GPS. I know it must have been a challenge. He was just about ready to throw it overboard..

Do you think you can make it to the Fall Brawl? We would really like to have you.

Take care and have a good day
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don.

I hope I was able to help him some. It was difficult over the phone and by memory without my unit in hand or even the manual. But, I recently set up a couple Geko 201s for some old timers here so I think I remembered everything.

How does Jimmy like his GPS now that he's had a chance to use it? I sure like mine - puts me right where I want to be every time.

I wish I could make it to the Fall Brawl - it sounds like y'all have a great time over there. I am planning on going to the TeeZur Tournament again this year - it's a lot closer and we had a great time there last year. You should come on over.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jimmy is improving

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Don.

I hope I was able to help him some. It was difficult over the phone and by memory without my unit in hand or even the manual. But, I recently set up a couple Geko 201s for some old timers here so I think I remembered everything.

How does Jimmy like his GPS now that he's had a chance to use it? I sure like mine - puts me right where I want to be every time.

I wish I could make it to the Fall Brawl - it sounds like y'all have a great time over there. I am planning on going to the TeeZur Tournament again this year - it's a lot closer and we had a great time there last year. You should come on over.

FISH ON!
    Jerry

Jimmy called this afternoon and is doing a lot better with his Geko. He said you got him straight on WAAS and a few other items. I really appreciate your helping out.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don,

That's good! Glad I could help. For some reason the WAAS is disabled, the "Orientation" is Northward and the Track Recording is on by default on the Gekos.

For accuracy you need the WAAS enabled and I prefer my track recording off so it doesn't clutter the screen. I also have my Orientation "Ahead" rather than Northward so the waypoints show up on the screen in relationship to the boat and not North.

Tell Jimmy I found a source for power and data cables about 1/3rd the price of Garmin’s. He’ll want a power cable if he doesn’t have one already – they’re real hard on batteries.

With a data cable you can back-up and organize your saved waypoints on your computer and also update the software on the unit when new updates come out.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com