Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sam Rayburn in Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Rayburn in Texas

Heading down to Texas on Saturday for seven days of fishing. Five boats all from Mo. Mostly bass fishing, but my brother and I are planning on doing some Crappie fishing. Recieved a couple of tips from the Texas CDC site. Anyone been down there to Crappie fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Luck

Have A Nice Trip, Sam Rayburn Is An Excellent Crappie Lake, Roger Bacon Is A Guide Down There And Has A Web Site You Can Check It Out...... Lot Of Nice Ones...... Of Course With Our Good Weather Coming Up Here, I Figure We Will Lower Truman A Foot Or Two Pulling Slabs Out While You Are Down There........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Word of warning from a Texan. You can get blown off that lake faster than a kid can lick an ice cream cone. Be aware of the weather and watch what is going on. I have left the ramp when it was dead calm, the within 3 hours had 4' white to fight getting back to the ramp. The radio won't do you much good, but good sense and "being aware" will keep you dry.
    Dusty
    P.S. It is a really great lake for bass, catfish and crappie, just fish where the locals tell ya, and you will do all right. If they know your from outta state, they know you won't be hogging the honey holes for long.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.