Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who uses hand held gps?

Post Thanks / Like

Default who uses hand held gps?

i got a magellan meridian and it does a pretty good job.ive got all my sunken cedars and stake beds marked on it.only thing is last summer i went to the tellico area and it went blank how do i fix this?it was about 3 hours south of where i live,i went from the tn- ky border to about 20 miles from north carolina it just showed a blank screen.it does have a card in the back if that means anything

Post Thanks / Like

I use a handheld, a mag. sportrak. I don't know what you need? New batteries? Take out card and reinstall? Zoom out? Dry it out? Just thinking out loud here...

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know, but all my spots are wrote down at home in a book. I'm looking to buy a wire to hookup so I can download back and forth with my computer. That way if it quits or lost it's all saved. Right now over 200 way points would be tought to manually punch in. I use a Garmin etrex, most inexpensive and simple to operate.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Garmin etrex when I am in my alum boat putting out the boo condos. Then when I get home I put them on my gps in my fiber boat

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin Etrex it does the same thing if it's overzoomed..Try the Zoom in/out.

Post Thanks / Like

also thinking about getting a hand held gps which one of the garmin etrex are yall talking about? look at them on bps site and there is several etrex from 99.00 and up.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a garmin etrex hc. Have not had time to use it yet.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the magellan explorist 600 a few months ago. I haven't tried it on the water yet but have played with it around town. It seems pretty accurate so far. It has a base map but I would like some detailed lake maps. They are pretty high though. If I hadnt got a deal on this one I would have preffered a Garmin 76. My computer doest recognize my magellan and most geocache sites dont send to Magellan either. I dont plan on doing any geocaching but would like to be compatible. Still learning to use mine.
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin Map60. I use it up front and it has always worked perfect. I have a Humminbird 595 in the back that seems to be a little off sometimes. I prefer my handheld because it's portable and I have great confidence in it.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishmannyj View Post
    I just got the magellan explorist 600 a few months ago. I haven't tried it on the water yet but have played with it around town. It seems pretty accurate so far. It has a base map but I would like some detailed lake maps. They are pretty high though. If I hadnt got a deal on this one I would have preffered a Garmin 76. My computer doest recognize my magellan and most geocache sites dont send to Magellan either. I dont plan on doing any geocaching but would like to be compatible. Still learning to use mine.
    Go to the magellan website. There's a download there that lets you upgrade. I used it and now can download to my computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast